Stang projects for this year

5.0_GT_kid

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Largo, Florida
So now that most of our northern brethren are coming out of winter and getting back on the road, I thought it'd be a good time to get a thread going to discuss what we'd like to get done to the stangs this summer.

Personally, I want to install some subframes, UCA/LCA with some Steeda Sport Springs. Also would like to tint the windows and if possible, get the paint touched up.

• Sponsors (?)

living i california,i can pretty much work on my car all year long,but this summer i was thinking subframe connectors,03 cobra front control arms.if i have the cash i also was thinking the special from brothersperformance.com,front cobra decelarotors w/hawk pads for $299 and the rear eradispeed +1 13 inch rears $250.

So far this year:

New head gaskets, fuel injectors, 75mm MAF installed
New gauges installed--wide band and fuel pressure
Drive shaft loop installed

Engine is running n/a for now but is running too lean when idling and at cruising speeds which is causing studdering and engine stall when coming to a stop.

left to do:

Cut hole in fender for UPR supercharger inlet pipe
Get wideband O2 bung welded in
Wire up the wideband O2 sensor to the guage
Buy and install fitting for fuel pressure sender
Wire up the fuel pressure sender
Reinstall Paxton supercharger--approximately 7-8psi boost
Installe bypass valve kit
Install higher flowing in tank fuel pump
Tune the car with a IST Air Adjuster and FMU diaphram disk set. Ya ya, no tweecer or PMS for me:rolleyes:
Run low 12s / high 11s in the 1/4mile:D

Here's what I have planned:

-swap to 75mm accufab race fox style TB
-swap my AFR165's for new and bigger AFR heads
-swap my 1.6 FMS pedestal rockers for Probe shaft mount rockers

The above are definites. The following is all up in the air. I hope to do some of the following as well, but I can't do it all.

-new seats
-6pt chrome moly roll bar
-new fuel system (tank, lines, rails, etc)
-60lb injectors
-saleen rear bumper
-get either the entire car painted, or just my hardtop/saleen side skirts/rear bumper
-put my t76 turbo kit on

Ah come on Paul. Do it all! Thats gonna be badA**.

I'm trying!!! I just sold my '90GT today, so now I have some more money to spend! These saleen side skirts just showed up today too from Joe Heck Racing:

233716.jpg

233717.jpg

I'm wondering if I can pull off running them with the stock rear bumper or if I should just wait until I can do the rear as well.

Here's a few pics of my fox TB conversion. I'm working on getting the ports to all match right now. I think it might flow just few more CFM, huh? LOL! :p

233718.jpg

233719.jpg

233720.jpg

I have Mach 1 front brakes to install, along with MM full length subframes that are laying out in the garage, and I just got my battery relocation kit with a Taylor cut off switch and all the wiring. Thats all for now, cause I have a wedding in July...

I'll probably be replacing my entire exhaust, and possibly replacing my Pro-M with one of those new Abaco MAF's. My goal for this summer is to make the car easier to live with on the street.

-wideband
-redo all the guages, want to switch from the Lunar's to C2s and redo the positioning. i'm thinking i want to get the cluster pod and put the guages from the clock pod in there, and put the wideband in a stock clock pod.
-brembo 4-piston front brakes
-mickey thompson drag radials

and if i get ambitious i'd like to redo the exhaust, upgrade the interior, try some things like put a auto-window module in teh right side, try and convert the back windows to vert windows, etc.

Got my 4:10s in last night....all I can say is HOLY *****!!

2:73s to 4:10s at my HP level is rediuculous. Thing is soooooooo loose and jumpy lol.

This year:

Get my steeda fulllengths on
fix intake leak (this weekend)
Buy some slicks lol

Vortech s-trim @ 8-10psi :rock:

1. Install a fresh shortblock with a crane 2031 cam, lightly home ported stock gt40's, and the stock cobra intake.
2. tune the new combo with the tweecer
2. have the new cobra r hood and front bumper repainted.
3. Subframe connectors, and lowering springs
4. 17"Anthricite ( I'm not sure of the spelling) DD FR500's

I've got alot to do! I wish I could have done the H/C/I like I wanted but I have to many other things to do to spend that kind of money at this moment.

Now that I have two jobs I have plenty of money for new parts, just no time to put them in. I currently have the following sitting around my work waiting to go on when I actually have time off - Lowering springs, 18x9 Saleens with 265 35 18 tires, black steering wheel so I can convert my interior to all black, 3.73s and the last of the precut tint for my windows. AS far as stuff I plan on getting this year - the last component of the t5 swap I need is the tranny, ditching the BBK o/r h in favor of MAC long tubes and a MAC catted and non catted H for when I have to do emissions. New front and rear shocks. After that Ill be pretty happy while I slowly start the motor build

living in Pennsylvania sucks, but now that the weather is changing it makes things alot nicer.

this summer i plan on:

putting on my saleen kit and new paint for the car of course
new wheels and tires, either black chrome saleens or fr500
put on my MM subframe connectors
finish changing all the interior pieces from the crappy red to black
new seats
install the new 3.55 gears and trac loc

all that is a definite.

then hopefully i can get my 351 prepped and ready for the swap over next winter.

Killercanary: do u know about any good tuners in our area? pokageek recommended SGS, but thats like 3 hours from me

The musts:

-100% Chrome-moly K-member, silver powder coated.
-100% Chrome-moly A-arms silver powdercoated.
-Coil over kit with Eibach springs
All listed for 700 bucks from UPR. What do you guys think?
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=299

The maybes:

-7" lilliput touchscreen
-Custom fiberglass radio bezel (to make touchscreen look factory)
-CarComputer mounted in trunk
-StreetDeck (BA front end software!)

It all depends on how much dough I rake in :D

Thoughts?