StangNet Chat?

StangNet Chat?

• Total voters

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Well beings I switched my website over to a linux server I have more options on things I can install. Chat is one of them things. I was wondering that after I get it installed and figured out if you guys would be interested in picking a date and time and having a stangnet chat session.

• Sponsors (?)

Punisher302 said:
why don't we just start a chatroom on AIM? a LOT simpler
because some people don't use AIM. Mike (Low5.0) don't use AIM he has MSN. It was just to have a way for everybody to sign into one thing and bs.

Paul (gcomfx): it wasn't gonna be an all out, all the time thing. Just a way for once in a while us guys get together and talk. Wasn't trying to piss anybody off thought it would be cool for a bunch of us to be able to talk.

JT: I have no idea if they did that was before my time. I've never seen it

zZsKyZz: I don't know what that is. The only thing linux I have is my website and theres no way in hell I'm giving out the password for that. I wouldn't even give it to Mike (Low5.0) and I've talked to him for a long time on MSN and has been helping me out with my site stuff ever since I got it. No offense but I've never even talked to you.

I was gonna look for a different chat program to use if there was people wanting to do it but beings most point to no I won't bother .

It looks like they had it in about '04. It used MIRC, whatever that is (I only remember because people used to ask me to go in there but homey don't do chat). :D

I would with you guys, but at that time, I didn't.

EDIT: Hillie said they dropped it.
I still think it could be cool for the 94-95 side because it's a small, close-knit group.

I set up a channel with mIRC. Here is how to use it:

1. go to http://www.reverse.net/pub/mirc/mirc62.exe and download a copy of mIRC. [This link should just begin the download... I made it a bit easier for you guys.]
2. Install mIRC.
3. After installation run mIRC via your start menu or the shortcut created on your desktop.
4. Setup a nickname and anything else you might want.
5. In the main status window type "/server irc.bluehell.org" [without the quotes] then hit ENTER
6. once you have connected to the server type "/join #SN95" [without the quotes]

I'm on there right now, if you need help message me on this thread, on mIRC, or via AIM. My screenname on AIM is zzskyzz.

Hope to see you there.