stangnet sucks

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by bhuff30, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freakintiger

freakintiger New Member

Virginia Beach, VA :TAX CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!
    Boy oh boy!
    I hope everyone feels I have asked intelligent questions on here. I am one of a few on here just looking to add a little zip to my 4 cyl daily driver. I have a coherent plan that revolves around major head mods(I have a brand new dual plug head waiting for mods, just waiting on the purchase of a good air compressor)an efficient exhaust(I'm putting the exhaust on this month), and a modified intake(I'm currently studying the possible benefits of extending my runner length by employing machined aluminum spacers in conjunction with a 65mm TB)as well as a beefed up ignition system.
    This a muscle car does not make(and I've owned 3 V8 musclecars), but there again I'm just adding some efficiency/power to a car resigned to being a daily driver.

I also am looking into(researching) building a turbo Ranger, so I get a lot out of reading the posts.

I agree though that our 2.3 forum is kind of boring and I wish I had more quality content to add myself, but honestly my project is going a lot slower than I would like.

But what it seems like to me is this, the norm seems to be that a 2.3l Mustang is a cheap car to buy, which is why it is attractive as a first car to the younger guys. They can't afford a V8, and can't afford to mod their 2.3s either, which it seems they have enough trouble just keeping on the road(these cars at their youngest [93] are 11 years old!). They think a lot of/about their cars, and sometimes in their zeal ask questions born of ignorance.

But I see bhuffs point, sometimes I feel like I am visiting a bad repeat. :shrug:

By the way: bhuff, I was inspired by your car, I read up on it on that car site and am trying to model my vehicle after yours(but honestly I don't know when I'm going to be able to stuff some forged pistons in there, I'm hoping to get a 2.5l shortblock). Your car is what inspired me to get busy on my 'stang. Thanks!

2. willys1

willys1 Banned

When I was in H.S. one of my friends had a 85 GT and the other had a 85svo(2.3 turbo).They raced to 100mph,,,the svo won!! I have all the respect in the world for the 2.3 guys.I have another friend with a sw Pinto(yes a Pinto) Open up the hood and it got a aluminum head 4-barrel carb,a cam,all chromed out motor,,its pretty hot,,still slow,,but pretty hot!! Its just,,no one is twisting your arm to use this web site,,you chose it!! The easiest thing to do is "leave"!!!

3. Crovax

Crovax Type O Danzigative the Dark Founding Member

O
    M
    G

A

M
    O
    D
    E
    R
    A
    T
    O
    R
    !

Y
    O
    U

A
    R
    E

O
    N

T
    H
    E

W
    R
    O
    N
    G

S
    I
    D
    E
    !

4. TurboFlush

TurboFlush Founding Member

CROVAX!! your a pain in the A$$
    your on my bad list now to! :D

as for the other comment. yup we did choose to be on here. but yah know, if all of us smart ones leave then there will be no one to answer the silly questions. ever think of that. hmmmm.

5. 351wcoupe

351wcoupe New Member

Not really on the wrong side. As a moderator I would say I don't really have a side. I was joking a little.

Willys: Its good that you know the potential of an svo. Keep in mind people get on the 2.3 part just to cause problems and anybody without many posts is subject to some initial harassment. I have seen a ton of "built 2.3s from mini stocks in the area. However, no body is remotely close to mine and they have invested big bucks.

I can make this suggestion though. If you're ever in doubt theres a guy named Greg O'brien from NJ who has a bright yellow 79 coupe....hehe its pretty strong. Watch him run sometime and you will regain confidence.

6. mr_woodster

mr_woodster Active Member

Sorry flush and 351w...but look at the bright side your complain'n anyways :p

7. Asha'man

Asha'man Founding Member

I figure the 2.3 section here serves as a filter for the total morons who get on and ask one question about their n/a. Keeps 'em happy, answers their question, and most importantly, keeps them from clogging up TF. For those who seek to rise above the level of "common idiot", this place eases them into a greater level of 2.3T and swap knowledge. And then for those who have attained "2.3T god" knowledge levels, this is a place to sprinkle blessings and advice upon the lesser beings.

Plus, I can ask the odd dumbass question that I should know already without feeling like a moron like on TF. :D

Ash

8. bhuff30

bhuff30 Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    hehe, thanks. Just try to do it the right way (ie not like me). You can get a turbo shortblock for cheap, and go from there.
    btw, I got off my butt and updated the site. A few new pictures and more about my current turbo setup.

9. kiddiccarus

kiddiccarus New Member

RCA DOME/Aisle 328/Row 3/ Seats 4 and 5 or Bardsto
    My Arse!!!!! Stangnet is a pain I admit it BUT, I am still here posting, harassing, whoring and more.

10. willys1

willys1 Banned

Whats he run in the 1/4? Is is street driven?How much money does he have into it? I live in NJ,,maybe Ive seen him or heard of him :shrug:

11. 140cilx

140cilx Founding Member

Look, I came in and checked this thread again this morning. THANKS BHUFF! Stangnet sucks less today!

Matt, nobody was doing an ALL INCLUSIVE LIST! YOUR THE MAN YOUR THE MAN YOUR THE MAN! QUIT YOUR WHINING!

You got the *fastest 2.3 on this board to my knowledge. I hold my glass high and toast you.

* I am planning to wait until you break it and then run out and get a time on my LX so I can be fastest*

12. Stinger

Stinger Founding Member

Yes, he ran mid 11's at 125 or so MPH at only 20 psi. It dynoed ~420rwhp at the same boost pressure. He spent a ton of money, probably 3 times what he had to but he built a show quality car in the process.

Except for Randy (Eville140) and his little holset powered beast.

bhuff: werd, I've wanted to go off on some of the newbs lately but decided I didn't want to be an "*******" by explaining forum basics (especially the guy that said he was a mod on another board...all that tells me is he should know better than to not search) :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't respond earlier guys...I was trying to avoid the misery over hear for a while :nonono:

13. 140cilx

140cilx Founding Member

True, but how often does he post? Coulda said Gator and maybe a few other guys as well, but I meant regulars. Not to be nitpicky.

You guys have a most excellent weekend. I'm stripping more parts off that Cougar tonite for ebay - woohoo! :banana:

14. willys1

willys1 Banned

mid 11's at 125mph ? mph seems to high for the ET.Hats off to him :nice: BUT,,,Its way cheaper to get a 5.0 in the 11's :rolleyes:

15. 351wcoupe

351wcoupe New Member

140: :nonono: Its comments like yours that make my ego explode. I constantly remind myself of reality of the fast cars.....such as randy. I cant run with the Rx7 but I'm in the neighborhood of his white coupe.

Some of you guys remember when I was new here. Poor stinger got 5 messages a day from me during the swap. Be easy on the newBs trying to learn... However the ones that come in with a 'tude are a little different. :)

This place is definately a great stepping stone to TF.

16. 351wcoupe

351wcoupe New Member

I'll wager you on that one. I have less than $2k in mine and I should run right at 11.90 this weekend. :thumbsup:

17. Dr_EluSivE

Dr_EluSivE Founding Member

Hey it may suck, but atleast its free. And yeah Mozilla gets rid of the related linked words. And if it wasnt for stangnet i wouldnt be knee deep in turbo swapage.

Dr.

18. Crovax

Crovax Type O Danzigative the Dark Founding Member

!bweratni eht tuohtiw ma I erehw teg ot deganam I woh wonk t'nod I

19. 140cilx

140cilx Founding Member

I don't think living in Birmingham is working out well for you Crovax. Better head back to TX.

20. bhuff30

bhuff30 Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    but whats really funny is that you have put at least $1000-2000 in performance parts on your 5.hoe and your still in the 14's. 351W was running that with nothing more than an engine swap. Now, he getting ready to run 11's with under 2K in parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.