stangnet sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
351wcoupe said:
I'll wager you on that one. I have less than $2k in mine and I should run right at 11.90 this weekend. :thumbsup:
OK,,I'LL bite.What kind of car do you have,and what parts for under 2k. Theres guys with nothing more then gears and suspension and hit the high 12's in a 5.0.cleanlx in the 5.0 rooms has done it!! $2000 would do alot more in a 5.0, then a 2.3!!

• Sponsors (?)

bhuff30 said:
but whats really funny is that you have put at least $1000-2000 in performance parts on your 5.hoe and your still in the 14's. 351W was running that with nothing more than an engine swap. Now, he getting ready to run 11's with under 2K in parts.

That is pretty funny crap I was running 14.4's with just a cold air intake and electric cooling fans... one of the local shops here in stl ran 12.1 on a bone stock Mustang GT with like a 150-200hp shot... Stock everything! ONly mod other than nitrous was ET streets lol.

though then they tried to blow it up went to 250 and it caught on fire hahahaha.....
Though mm&FF nitroused a 2.3NA its way to what was it high 14's low 15's knocking on your door willy

2000 goes a long way in the 2.3 crowd.... much further than one would think.... Oh and if you want to bite lets see how well you hold up against some of the 2.3's on the autocross track....

willys1 said:
OK,,I'LL bite.What kind of car do you have,and what parts for under 2k. Theres guys with nothing more then gears and suspension and hit the high 12's in a 5.0.cleanlx in the 5.0 rooms has done it!! $2000 would do alot more in a 5.0, then a 2.3!!
its a pretty basic 88 coupe. stock junk yard long block mileage unknown and no porting to anything at all. volvo 740 intercooler, stock cam, MSD igntion, 18 psi and an 80 shot and it went [email protected] in the 1/8. with a 1.74 60ft.

Now I have a NPR box truck intercooler, stock ranger cam and slightly more nitrous and its a decent bit quicker. I have my last run of the year coming this weekend so I'll post pics next week.

89Stang said:
That is pretty funny crap I was running 14.4's with just a cold air intake and electric cooling fans... one of the local shops here in stl ran 12.1 on a bone stock Mustang GT with like a 150-200hp shot... Stock everything! ONly mod other than nitrous was ET streets lol.

though then they tried to blow it up went to 250 and it caught on fire hahahaha.....
Though mm&FF nitroused a 2.3NA its way to what was it high 14's low 15's knocking on your door willy

2000 goes a long way in the 2.3 crowd.... much further than one would think.... Oh and if you want to bite lets see how well you hold up against some of the 2.3's on the autocross track....
Lets not change the subject hear,,if we had the same HP on an auto cross,your alot lighter! We are talking drag racing here,,a 125 shot on a stock 5.0 will hit the high 12's!!Im not putting anyone down.But if you take a stock 5.0,,and a stock 2.3,and put 2 grand into both of them,the 5.0 is gonna laugh at the 2.3!! When starting off from stock,the 5.0 has a 3 second lead already!!

willys1 said:
Lets not change the subject hear,,if we had the same HP on an auto cross,your alot lighter! We are talking drag racing here,,a 125 shot on a stock 5.0 will hit the high 12's!!Im not putting anyone down.But if you take a stock 5.0,,and a stock 2.3,and put 2 grand into both of them,the 5.0 is gonna laugh at the 2.3!! When starting off from stock,the 5.0 has a 3 second lead already!!

Actually my girlfriends cousin ran a high 12 sec with 100shot. The same exact run though I pulled 3 cars on him with an 80shot and he had more overall mods. I have the video for that one too. :)

willys1 said:

All you are doing is showing us how much you don't know...there is no point in continuing...

BTW...bone stock SVO's ran [email protected]'s a "magazine" time...I've seen guys run as fast as 14.3@94mph on street tires bone stock...so 5.0's will run 11.3 stock huh? Damn, learn something every day :notnice:

willys1 said:

hey buddy I have had a 2.3 I have had a 5.0 I have had a 5.7 camaro...
Trust me Try to builda 5.0 car for 2 grand then build a 2.3 car for 2 grand and when I say build a 2.3 or 5.0 car for 2 grand I mean 2 grand includes the price of the car....

2.3 will win trust me!!!

you know how much the 2.3T donor car cost us? 300
now with minor crap (about 80 bux in mods low14's very possible in a 500 dollar coupe mustang)
So we are at 800 and already at low 14's....
Not looking good for the 5.0 as your prolly paying an entrance price of 1000-1500
figure that and spray mid to low 12's.... unfortantely at this point your out of cash and the 2.3 has 1200 left.... UH OH

Buddy I have done camaros mustang and now am starting on an import... its not as cut and dry as you think...
the 2.3T will hand you your ass with 2 grand investment vs 2 grand investment at the drag strip then rape your *** worse than bubba would in jail!

Wait a month or so and maybe you can bring that 5.0 down here and I can show you what either a 2.0 DOHC will do to you or a 2.3T will do to you... or if you really wish I have a camaro that wouldnt mind seeing some mustang headlights in its rearview mirror.

Stinger said:
All you are doing is showing us how much you don't know...there is no point in continuing...

BTW...bone stock SVO's ran [email protected]'s a "magazine" time...I've seen guys run as fast as 14.3@94mph on street tires bone stock...so 5.0's will run 11.3 stock huh? Damn, learn something every day :notnice:
First off,,who said anything about 11.3? :shrug: Second off,,I thought we were talking about a regular 2.3,,,not an svo,,thats why I said it had a 3 second head start already!! ok,,now what can you buy for 2 grand that will make you faster then me??Honest question,,

89Stang said:
hey buddy I have had a 2.3 I have had a 5.0 I have had a 5.7 camaro...
Trust me Try to builda 5.0 car for 2 grand then build a 2.3 car for 2 grand and when I say build a 2.3 or 5.0 car for 2 grand I mean 2 grand includes the price of the car....

2.3 will win trust me!!!

you know how much the 2.3T donor car cost us? 300
now with minor crap (about 80 bux in mods low14's very possible in a 500 dollar coupe mustang)
So we are at 800 and already at low 14's....
Not looking good for the 5.0 as your prolly paying an entrance price of 1000-1500
figure that and spray mid to low 12's.... unfortantely at this point your out of cash and the 2.3 has 1200 left.... UH OH

Buddy I have done camaros mustang and now am starting on an import... its not as cut and dry as you think...
the 2.3T will hand you your ass with 2 grand investment vs 2 grand investment at the drag strip then rape your *** worse than bubba would in jail!

Wait a month or so and maybe you can bring that 5.0 down here and I can show you what either a 2.0 DOHC will do to you or a 2.3T will do to you... or if you really wish I have a camaro that wouldnt mind seeing some mustang headlights in its rearview mirror.
#1-Im not your buddy :notnice: #2-who said anything about a donor car,,or buying a car? :shrug: #3-Im talking if there are "ALREADY" 2 stock cars sitting here,what are you gonna buy that will make you faster then me? #4-what the heck are you gonna buy for 80 bucks that will cut 8-9 tenths off your 1/4 mile time :nonono:

What was the sticker price on a 5.0 and a 2.3? Give me the difference to put into my motor as well, sounds fair right?

Here is what I would spend $2000 on if I had it. So Right now I am sitting with an 87 TC motor/intercooler in my car.

$25-Hood scoop to feed the intercooler
$175-DIY Alky Injection system
$50-Gillis Valve
$75-AFPR
$100-Walbro Pump
FREE-Port and Polish head
FREE-Gut upper and port lower intakes
$275-Some of Bob's headers
$325-Just about any roller cam on the market for a 2.3...and a cam gear to go with it..
$50-Roller Followers for the cam
$200-Large valve conversion
$400-T3/T4 Hybrid turbo
$90-One of Bobs DP's
$135- cheap straight pipe exhaust

That leaves about $100 for anything else. Maybe I'll go to the JY and find myself a nice FMIC, or just buy some beer for the party after I smoke your 5.0....

Other things to take into consideration...

1)How much is gas on a 5.0 this highly modded? I can turn my boost down to 9 lbs and get 15-25 MPG depending on how I drive it

2)What is insurance on a 5.0? I am a 19 year old student and a 2.3 is much cheaper than a 5.0.

3) Its a whole lot more fun to pop your hood and show some douche bag with a 5.0 your 2.3 after you smoked him, than it is to pop your hood and show a 5.0.

Am I right?

-Josh

P.S.- People like you are exactly what people are talking about Willy, I think it is funny you chose this thread to make your comments on, go to a 5.0 thread and talk **** about 2.3's.

mightypoof said:
What was the sticker price on a 5.0 and a 2.3? Give me the difference to put into my motor as well, sounds fair right?

Here is what I would spend $2000 on if I had it. So Right now I am sitting with an 87 TC motor/intercooler in my car.

$25-Hood scoop to feed the intercooler
$175-DIY Alky Injection system
$50-Gillis Valve
$75-AFPR
$100-Walbro Pump
FREE-Port and Polish head
FREE-Gut upper and port lower intakes
$275-Some of Bob's headers
$325-Just about any roller cam on the market for a 2.3...and a cam gear to go with it..
$50-Roller Followers for the cam
$200-Large valve conversion
$400-T3/T4 Hybrid turbo
$90-One of Bobs DP's
$135- cheap straight pipe exhaust

That leaves about $100 for anything else. Maybe I'll go to the JY and find myself a nice FMIC, or just buy some beer for the party after I smoke your 5.0....

Other things to take into consideration...

1)How much is gas on a 5.0 this highly modded? I can turn my boost down to 9 lbs and get 15-25 MPG depending on how I drive it

2)What is insurance on a 5.0? I am a 19 year old student and a 2.3 is much cheaper than a 5.0.

3) Its a whole lot more fun to pop your hood and show some douche bag with a 5.0 your 2.3 after you smoked him, than it is to pop your hood and show a 5.0.

Am I right?

-Josh

P.S.- People like you are exactly what people are talking about Willy, I think it is funny you chose this thread to make your comments on, go to a 5.0 thread and talk **** about 2.3's.
Theres a guy in the 5.0 talk room who has a window sticker for his 89 5.0,,,it was like 13,122,NOPE,heres your stock svo,,heres my stock 5.0,,,and heres 2 grand,,what are you gonna get.I can try this,,H/C/I combo for 1500,,now Im in the mid 12's.I'LL take the last 500 and get a 125 shot!!Can you say ELEVEN SECOND,,,,maybe HIGH TENS :nice: OK,,your turn :rolleyes:

willys1 said:
#3-Im talking if there are "ALREADY" 2 stock cars sitting here,what are you gonna buy that will make you faster then me? #4-what the heck are you gonna buy for 80 bucks that will cut 8-9 tenths off your 1/4 mile time :nonono:

Well, I'd buy an adjustable boost valve, crank it to 20psi and run low 14's....that's a whole 45 bux right there :lol:

Then I'd spend the other 55 bux to build a 3" downpipe...can you say "walk all over your 14.3 second 5.0"?

I've got ~1600 bux total in my SVO (including purchase price, a set of 17x8" wheels and tires, a pair of slicks and 15x8" wheels, upgraded turbo, killer header, huge intercooler, 46lb injectors, hipo clutch, and a nitrous kit). and it would walk all over your 5.0 as it sits...and I haven't even filled the nitrous bottle or turned up the boost yet. I'm leaving AT LEAST 100rwhp on the table untapped at this point. What do you think another 100rwhp will do to something that already has a 103.8mph trap speed?

willys1 said:
I can try this,,H/C/I combo for 1500,,now Im in the mid 12's.I'LL take the last 500 and get a 125 shot!!Can you say ELEVEN SECOND,,,,maybe HIGH TENS :nice: OK,,your turn :rolleyes:
I know that a H/C/I will cost every bit of the 1500, so that means you are going to be running the stock exhaust, stock 2.73 gears, stock tires and stock air box. Thats not going to be pretty. :nonono:
We start with 3.73's stock.
boost valve to run 20psi $5-45
3" exhaust, $300
K&N on VAM $50
NPR intercooler $200
home port head and intake (very well documented procedure) $50 including tools
tires $400
nitrous $500
holset turbo $250
exhaust manifold $250
That brings it to $2000 Should be good for 300-350rwhp without nitrous. Then, you can spray it to 450-500hp which is about the same limit as the stock 5.0 short block will have.

willys1 said:
I can try this,,H/C/I combo for 1500,,now Im in the mid 12's.I'LL take the last 500 and get a 125 shot!!Can you say ELEVEN SECOND,,,,maybe HIGH TENS :nice: OK,,your turn :rolleyes:
I know that a H/C/I will cost every bit of the 1500, so that means you are going to be running the stock exhaust, stock 2.73 gears, stock tires and stock air box. Thats not going to be pretty. :nonono:
We start with 3.73's stock.
boost valve to run 20psi $5-45
3" exhaust, $300
K&N on VAM $50
NPR intercooler $200
home port head and intake (very well documented procedure) $50 including tools
tires $400
nitrous $500
holset turbo $250
exhaust manifold $250
That brings it to $2000 Should be good for 300-350rwhp without nitrous. Then, you can spray it to 450-500hp which is about the same limit as the stock 5.0 short block will have.
http://www.turboford.org/faq/ta.shtml
Not much done that that svo. Aside from the overly expensive vortec intercooler, it is well under the budge. Use an NPR or something else istead of the vortec, and it would be WAY under budget.

Stinger said:
Well, I'd buy an adjustable boost valve, crank it to 20psi and run low 14's....that's a whole 45 bux right there :lol:

Then I'd spend the other 55 bux to build a 3" downpipe...can you say "walk all over your 14.3 second 5.0"?

I've got ~1600 bux total in my SVO (including purchase price, a set of 17x8" wheels and tires, a pair of slicks and 15x8" wheels, upgraded turbo, killer header, huge intercooler, 46lb injectors, hipo clutch, and a nitrous kit). and it would walk all over your 5.0 as it sits...and I haven't even filled the nitrous bottle or turned up the boost yet. I'm leaving AT LEAST 100rwhp on the table untapped at this point. What do you think another 100rwhp will do to something that already has a 103.8mph trap speed?
I make it to 14.1 at only 95 mph!!!OK,,what if I get a 100 shot!!! ON TAP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.