Stang's Totaled - Goodbye to CobraRed's SN95

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by CobraRed_96_GT, Oct 8, 2009.

1. EPIK

EPIK Member

Damnit!!!! This sucks to hear:( Sorry for your loss Chris, but glad that you made it out ok... I always liked your car too, especially with its last set of exterior upgrades & for its originality. I'm sure eventually you will pick up another 1 & drop that motor in....

This also definitely opened up my eyes & I will give my brakes on my cars a once over.....
  2. trombonedemon

trombonedemon Well-Known Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Chin up and bounce back, you may not knowit but, your character has probaly improved like 200 percent. Now, strive to get a better and nastier stang, do it faster, smarter, and make it new and improved. Sometimes awful, awful things happen to awsome people to make the better humans. My best wishes!
  3. Stangdriver13

Stangdriver13 Member

glad to hear that your not badly injured, I know how you u feel I had a mach 1 with 9k on it and it was totaled out. The emotional pain is worse than the physical pain, good luck with insurance.
  4. SRT Handz

SRT Handz I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood

I can Buff that out.....
  5. 02nightmaregt

02nightmaregt To hell with your Mustang, I want to see your HOG!

Showcase:
    Albums:
    :lol:, I was actually going to say that about you, if you had posted something else. I'm not laughing at the wreck CobraRed, just trying to lighten teh mood. I'm sure your next stang will be every bit as meticulous:nice:
  6. Pearl02

Pearl02 Member

That blows! Thank god your ok. Your car one of the nices and well cared for cars I've seen. Take your time and jump right back in the Stang game. If I totaled mine, I'd be right back in another one. I just love Mustangs. It really sucks when you put your heart and soul into something and it's taken away from you. That just life unfortunetely. Take care and good luck. Pearl02.
  7. CobraRed_96_GT

CobraRed_96_GT Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I wont be RIGHT back in the game. But im planning it already. Will drive around a semi crappy DD for awhile before finding a suitable roller/blown engine surgery patient.
  8. '13_ImpactBlue_GT

'13_ImpactBlue_GT Angry Little Elf

At least you are ok.

Did the airbag(s) deploy?
  9. BlownStangGT

BlownStangGT REPEAT Founding Member

Sorry to hear this man. That sucks!:notnice: But glad you are ok and safe! I know its hard...but cars are replacable....lives are not
  10. Drew0318

Drew0318 New Member

Indeed.

Glad you're in one piece.
  11. mybrosride

mybrosride New Member

Hey Chris, sorry about what happened, really really am!!!! i know we've talked off and on about your car, and I've done those videos for you, and I was thinking that we'd get together maybe next spring when I get to cali and check that ride out...

But the main thing is that you're not seriously injured, and I've been out there on that road, and I know how it is, especially at night... Its a great drive, but if something happens, it can be deadly if you aren't careful. I'm thankful that you made it out alive going off one of those revines!!

Keep in touch man...

~mark
  12. CobraRed_96_GT

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Will do mark, maybe you'll see my new project car next time ur in town
  13. mybrosride

mybrosride New Member

yeah, that sounds like a winner... and if your still driving the beater, maybe it'll make it over to the beach and back... haha
  14. TOOLOW91

TOOLOW91 Mustang Master

dude glad to see your ok i loved that car man it was one of the cars where i always clicked on ur threads to see what was up such a shame... on a side note do you guys have any tutorials on putting the hammer shifter in and how hard it was>?
  15. Winters98GT

Winters98GT Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!! Founding Member

Good luck, Chris. Wish the best for you. It seems like you have a cool head on top of your shoulders, and with your knowledge, I'm sure you will be going fast, very fast soon. Good luck.

Mark
  16. CobraRed_96_GT

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Thanks Mark. Been looking at busted engine 01-04 V6's since i have my own drivetrain most of which is brand new. I thought about a aero SN95, but I dont want to replace her like that. Lol
  17. twogts4us

twogts4us Advanced Member

Funny you mention that as I lost my 2002 GT on April 1st of 2008 - totaled. From one Chris to another, keep your chin up bro, you'll be back in the saddle soon enough. In the end, I upgraded to a Mach 1 a few days later.
    I am REALLY surprised to hear you say the motor is ok. On mine the power steering fuild reserve was pushed back into the DS cam cover and impacted the timing chain/gear. I dunno if they dug into it any further, but Ford wrote it off as a complete loss (which added to making mine an easy "total loss")

HANG IN THERE! Most importantly glad you are OK.

Chris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. CobraRed_96_GT

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Yeah, the damage stopped at taking out one coil pack. Everything else back is untouched. CAI got shredded in the front and i shredded my finger up a bit taking it out, lol. Just sheetmetal from the heat shield going every which way.
  19. LaserSVT

LaserSVT Founding Member

Aeros are shecksier. :D
    My ultimate Stang would be a 94-98 Aero with the 96-98 Cobra body stuff and a complete 03/04 Cobra drivetrain including the rear end but with a Teksid block. :drool: In Laser Red... :drool: :drool:
  20. CobraRed_96_GT

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I dunno - i would have to find the right one. Wouldn't be easy.