Started intake swap

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of swaping out my stock 95 intake for a 94 Cobra intake, so far the teardown hasn't been to bad but the end bolts on the lower intake were very tight so I gave them a few good smacks with a punch and a hammer to shock them a little bit and they came right off. Some of the lower intake bolts were only hand tight:shrug: . Anyways I wish UPS would hurry up and bring my intake because I have everything completely scraped and cleaned and I ready to go. You guys don't think it will need any type of tuning to run right do you?

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/mmanns69/?action=view&current=DCP01662.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

WOW, that looks good... the inside of my motor looked a TON worse than that...

as for the tune question, I didn't and it runs stronger.... I don't think a tune buys much with jsut an intake... I think it is mainly the cam that requires a tune.

FWIW, do youself a favor and check for gas leaks before putting the upper back on.... I didn;t and had to change a cut o-ring after the upper was on and it was a real pita...

Will the EGR tube off of the passenger side header be long enough to reach the EGR on the Cobra upper intake?, to my knowledge the Cobra is 1 1/2" taller than the stock T-bird (94/95 GT) intake.

P.s. I will check everything out real good before I button it back up.

the egr tube will line up perfect the cobra upper intake angles down at the throttle body to the same height as the stock intake see pics below ....i added a few extra pics. for fun....lol.

95cobraintake004.jpg

mustangmotor001.jpg

mustanglongblock001.jpg

mustangmotor7-25-07001.jpg

Attachments

• 95cobraintake004.jpg
    95cobraintake004.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 41
  • mustangmotor001.jpg
    mustangmotor001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 44
  • mustanglongblock001.jpg
    mustanglongblock001.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
  • mustangmotor7-25-07001.jpg
    mustangmotor7-25-07001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 39
very nice job you've done so far. Every thing looks nice and clean. You won't need a tune to get it running. I think a tune would be worth some power but not much and until you get heads and/or cam it may not be worth it.