started working on a little project today..

inphiniti

Mar 15, 2003
Providence, RI
so my plans were to start working on project double din after work. unfortunately, my father got rushed to the hospital and is potentially going into emergency surgery to fix two hernias... long story short, i got about 45 minutes into this job so far... its a a/c bezel out of a 2004 gt. only thing i shouldve gotten as well was the shifter bezel as the 04s and the 95s dont match at all... but so far so good.

heres a before, during and after picture. ill tell ya it was a PITA to take out as i didnt know where was a brace that ran from the bezel back to a metal post behind where the cd player sits. obviously i broke it :nice: lol

when i took out the a/c bezel there were two tabs sticking out on each side, i shouldve taken pictures of it but i didnt think of it... took a small saw to it and chopped them right off.. the two tabs sat basically between where the cd player and the pocket is. as you can see in the pictures where there are empty button holes, i am just going to have to trim in there to make sure the buttons fit. the bezel from the 04 came with 2 blanks and a rear defrost.. i MIGHT wire up the defrost button, i think it would be cool to delete it from where it usually sits..

View attachment 258399
View attachment 258400
View attachment 258401
View attachment 258402

anways, enough bull****ting... ive had a long day, i'll try and post some pics within the next few days of the pioneer avicf700bt installed

• Sponsors (?)

so far so good. what are you going to do about the non-matching paint color?

made some more progress today ill post some pics hopefully a little later... well the clips that hold the shifter bezel in place all broke. it was always a little wobbily but the clips have finally snapped completely off... so i might even need to get a new center console... going to see if i can grab the 04 shifter bezel off the guy who i bought the a/c bezel off of and see how bad it color clashes with the rest of the interior. worst case ill have my painter paint them up for me, probably a semi-gloss block or what have you...

the guy i bought the bezel off of had 2 blanks and a defroster in there... but i got to cut out some of the plastic that is some what visible in the holes to make some room for clearance.. believe it or not lucio, the tv is holding up very well even without the bracket you made me

Looks good. I've thought about upgrading my Mach system but I rarely drive the car anymore. So, I'm happy it as is...

I did just put the AVIC-F90BT in my '07 Sport Trac with sirius and back-up camera. Nice unit!! There is NO room behind HU naw-a-days.

Looks good. I've thought about upgrading my Mach system but I rarely drive the car anymore. So, I'm happy it as is...

I did just put the AVIC-F90BT in my '07 Sport Trac with sirius and back-up camera. Nice unit!! There is NO room behind HU naw-a-days.

no, none at all... even in the stang... those are the only two things i need/want to purchase is the sirius kit and the back-up camera... which brand camera did u go with? so many to choose from! :shrug:

Looks great Jimmy.... Hope your dad is OK..

thanks chris! he's doing better, hes home recovering. it was a little bit of a scare because at first the doctor thought it could've been aneurysm... luckily it was a hernia instead. but the hernia somehow poked through the intestin and twisted it. but he is doing well, thanks for asking!

just trying to find an 04 shifter bezel now to complete this, might try and make room for those blank buttons in there today since i have the day off. we'll see!

reminds me of my project.

thats weird tho that the radio bezel doesnt match the shifter bezel. my bezels matches pretty much perfect. i was thinking about using the factory buttons but decided to go a different route. if you need the other buttons let me know.

reminds me of my project.

thats weird tho that the radio bezel doesnt match the shifter bezel. my bezels matches pretty much perfect. i was thinking about using the factory buttons but decided to go a different route. if you need the other buttons let me know.

yeah its pretty odd... i may just try finding another blank button since i already have two...

as far as the deck ive been running into problems. its restarting over and over and over... i saw on avic411.com that alot of guys came into that problem and fixed it by deleting a few things, which i did. but now it worrked for a full day and started it again.next step is sending it to pioneer

no, none at all... even in the stang... those are the only two things i need/want to purchase is the sirius kit and the back-up camera... which brand camera did u go with? so many to choose from! :shrug:

I got the Pioneer ND-BC2 it's a 1 inch cube, works very well at night, color, and 130* veiwing angle. $200 though.... I installed in in my tailgate handle for a factory look.

DSC01289.jpg