Starter going, should I get a High Torque Mini?

• Sponsors (?)

We have used the ford mini starters on motors up to 12:1 compression.. These have always worked great and are light weight small package....

I would just use the ford mini starter.. much cheaper also

That is the same style starter you have on the 95. It may be built with more torque, but who knows. They are selling it as an upgrade from the larger style starter on the older Fox cars and other Ford cars, with the revised wiring kit, which you do not need. I got a used one from a 95 for my 87. Not a bad price for a new one, and from what I've read, alterstart has a pretty good reputation.

Unhook the batter cable. Move the cable going to the starter from the starter relay on the fender from the switched side to the hot side (side with the cable from the battery). Then run a 10 GA wire with a ring terminal from the switched side to the spade plug in terminal on the new starter. Hook up the starter cable to the starter and hook the battery back up and you are ready to go.

I had a link to a site with pics, but it is no longer good. There are several pages with pics of the install.

You can move the main power wire over but you don't have to ... the reason I leave it on the right hand side is so the main power isn't always live.. This is just me and I have never had a problem otherwise but you can move it or leave it.. I am refering to the 4ga power..