Starter

jrod2423

Aug 15, 2011
Byesville, Ohio
Ok so today I've had a problem with my cars starter and u don't know if this is a precursor to my starter going bad but when I go to start my car the starter will grind or whine until I let off of it, but when I go for the second start it starts rite up. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man. My car did that for a while. Then it would not start at all. I tested my battery, which I thought was in good working order, and it turned out it was going bad. Once I changed it, no problemo mi amigo. If you are confident your battery is good, clean the terminals and make sure contact is optimal.

Hey man I was also thinking that the starter's solenoid may have gotten stuck. With the tap of a hammer, sometimes it undoes the jam. I don't know, every problem varies, but good luck man. Car problems blow, and it is even worse when you have to be Sherlock Holmes and investigate.

yea its been a full week know and the car hasn't done it since those two times in a row so I don't know if it was just a freak thing or what but ill just have to keep an eye out for some more problems that may occur with this