Starting Car for First Time in 2 Years

My 2003 GT has sat in my garage for 2 years without being started. I was starting it monthly until the battery died and I kept putting off buying a new one. I am picking up a new battery today and I wanted to get it started. What should I do before starting it and what should I look for once it starts. I think it has a small amount of gas in it and I am planning on putting a couple gallons of fresh gas. I am going to change the oil and I am not sure whether I should do that before or after I start it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Pull all the spark plugs and add some drops marvel mystery oil down in each cylinder, re-install plugs, change the oil in the crank case w/ a new oil filter, and start her up.

Pull all the spark plugs and add some drops marvel mystery oil down in each cylinder, re-install plugs, change the oil in the crank case w/ a new oil filter, and start her up.

I agree. In addition, if it were myself doing it... I'd disconnect the fuel injectors and coils and turn the engine over a few times before actually starting it. That way, the oil can get on the cylinder walls and pre-lube things before the engine is actually fired.

I did this after my GT was sitting for about a year - I just dripped some Mobil 1 down the plug holes.. Just don't be alarmed when the exhaust smokes for about 10-15 min. Just take it for a drive and it'll stop :).