Starting/charging Problems

Samplebridge

Nov 19, 2015
So my 1995 5.0 Mustang had a starting problem where it would crank and not start and the voltage was about 12 volts while driving inder 1500rpm. So I changed the battery and it still would do it sometimes and the voltage was still low. I had the alternator tested and advanced said it was fine. So about 2 monthes after, I changed the starter because the old one took over 700 amps on the tester and it would drain my battery from full to nothing in about 10 seconds. now today about 5 days after I changed the starter it would crank but not fire up. All these times it would just crank it would fire up eventually but for no apparent reason. One after pushing in the clutch(but i have no CSS) and another after releasing the Ebrake. And it would fire up like normal in like 4 cranks.

I think the battery went bad in that time, or could the alternator be bad because advanced said my old starter was fine even though it said it was taking 700 amps and i had to look at the machine, so they may not be properly testing stuff.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)