starting issues...

98 black gt

Aug 11, 2005
I just bought a 98 gt convertible last week all of a sudden I am have problems starting. sometimes it works other times it does not. when it is not working there is no fuel pressure and you can not hear the fuel pump priming. anyone have any ideas on why it works sometimes and not others? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well, it seems that on cold starts the car is fine every time. (at least it hasnt had a cold starting problem that i have seen yet). the problem is intermittent and only happens when the car is warmed up. the distance of the drive really hasnt seemed to matter. it has done it on drives of only 3 or so miles and it has also done it after 20+ mile drives. there is no check engine light and there are no stored codes with either the KOEO or KOER. when it wont start, it turns over fine. the issue is that the fuel pump isnt priming at all. as of now, my best guess would either be the fuel pump on its way out or the ccrm causing the problem. does anyone here happen to know if the ccrm is the same between the 94-95 gt and the 98? i would much rather try my ccrm first than drop out the tank to change the pump. anyone else have any more ideas or suggestions?