starting my single turbo install

88_GT_5_oh

Sportin' a turbo 5.0 in Canadistan
Jul 4, 2004
WPG/MB/CA
sort of a home made kit cause i'm making the cold side and the section of downpipe that connects to the mufflers

heres a run down of my motor N/A

Twisted wedge heads
track heat intake
track heat cam
1.6 roller rockers
3.73's
super turbo mufflers
U/D pullies
etc.

the turbo setup
MP T70
tial 38 mm wastegate
Ebay BOV
Ebay 24x12x3 Intercooler
B&G hotside and downpipe
homemade cold side

other stuff i'm installing at the same time
MSD 6AL
anderson ford motorsport PMS
42 lb injectors
Pro M mass air meter
Pro 3i adjustable lower control arms
ford racing Upper control arms
lakewood 50/50's
summit battery relocation

some pics

View attachment 464266

tial.jpg

View attachment 464269

allparts.jpg

intercooler.jpg

View attachment 464274

this is where it will bassically sit, i had to do some "massaging" to get the downpipe to fit properly (big hammer) so this is just kinda mocked up
turbomounted.jpg

i'll try and keep this updated, but i won't reall get much done till the weekend cause of work during the week

Attachments

• turbossuck.jpg
    turbossuck.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 75
  • tial.jpg
    tial.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 82
  • PMS.jpg
    PMS.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 124
  • allparts.jpg
    allparts.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 96
  • intercooler.jpg
    intercooler.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 71
  • suspension.jpg
    suspension.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 74
  • turbomounted.jpg
    turbomounted.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

lol ya i didn't feel like taking everythig out of the box the bushings are around somewhere.

and hands off the beer, i'm running kinda low too, funny how having some beer while working slowly truns into us sitting in lawn chairs and just drinking lol

What kind of turbo is that? Is that the same one that comes in the pony down turbo kit. I think the kit is around $3000. I was looking to put a single turbo kit on my car in a year or so, and was wondering if the pony down kits were good.

track heat cam... i'll grab the specs later, or you can look on trickflows website

total i have paid for the turbo minus the PMS and MSD is about $2200 canadain so like $100 USD :D :rlaugh:

88_GT_5_oh said:
lol ya i didn't feel like taking everythig out of the box the bushings are around somewhere.

and hands off the beer, i'm running kinda low too, funny how having some beer while working slowly truns into us sitting in lawn chairs and just drinking lol

All job completion estimates must be multiplied by the total number of beers consumed.

I think new shoes should be on your to buy list, not turbo parts:p

but seriously, it looks really nice. and looks like its going smoothly so far
im jealous. ive wanted a turbo for a while now

got a abit done last night on the down pipe but my sister stole the camera (actually its hers so i steal it) i'll post pics later after i have more done tonight.

oh and those are my work shoe :p they're supposed to be dirty :D