starting my swap

• Sponsors (?)

That i don't know. Do you still have the other harness, i'm trying to remember without going back, 93? grab one from that harness if you have one. If not, go to a junkyard there is always atleast one relay left, either the a/c or fuel under the maf-92 and 93 and for sure under the seat of 86-91. I don't think pre 86's will work. And thats pocketable at a junkyard ;)

what do these go conect to i dont want to do it wrong lol thanks in advance these are from the 4banger i was not sure if i need to swap that thing that has a bag covering it on the driver side fender so i left it alone.
bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

That thing is the vacuum pump. If you want cruise and the 5.0 had it. Switch it out. Or atleast switch the cruise cable. I think there are two nuts on the back and it pulls out. Then you unhook it. the vacuum hoses. I know the one with that fitting goes to the brake booster. I can't really tell what the other one goes to. google vacuum diagram 5.0 and you'll find a few write ups with pictures. Heres one place.

Mustang FAQ - Engine Information

That thing is the vacuum pump. If you want cruise and the 5.0 had it. Switch it out. Or atleast switch the cruise cable. I think there are two nuts on the back and it pulls out. Then you unhook it. the vacuum hoses. I know the one with that fitting goes to the brake booster. I can't really tell what the other one goes to. google vacuum diagram 5.0 and you'll find a few write ups with pictures. Heres one place.

Mustang FAQ - Engine Information

i went out and looked at the donor car and i see its got lines runing into the car and something is hooked to the brake pedal the whole thing looks like a bitch to remove so could i cap off the line and not have cruse control if so would i run into problems codes etc

i bought a eltric impact was a cheap as hell one that was only 50 bucks. had it for ove ra year now. i breaks bolts lose that my buddys snap on one wont even touch. a **** ton of impacts per min. works like a dreammmmm

i went out and looked at the donor car and i see its got lines runing into the car and something is hooked to the brake pedal the whole thing looks like a bitch to remove so could i cap off the line and not have cruse control if so would i run into problems codes etc

I don't know what your talking about. If your talking about the brake booster you can use the 4 cylinder's. The cruise cable is not a vacuum line so you don't need to cap anything.

I don't know what your talking about. If your talking about the brake booster you can use the 4 cylinder's. The cruise cable is not a vacuum line so you don't need to cap anything.

no im not talking bout the booster lo,l im talking about the crusecontrol on the 4 cyl, it has 2 houses and on the v8 it has one, so what im asking is do i have to swap them from 4 to 8, or can i just not conect it and be fine.

Just because you didn't have the ability to complete the swap doesn't mean nobody else can. :nice:
I wasn't bashing him.I went through this a while ago,in the end it wasn't worth the headaches I went through at the time.
I was just getting into Mustangs from Mini-trucks and VW's.
It was a whole new learning curve with little to no resources to do it with.
I finally got it done...with a Carb. conversion though,this was in 94 at the time.
I salute him most definitely!IT was a severe PITA to figure it all out without any inside knowledge.
Good Luck ..I wish him well for sure.
Peace
:nice: