Starting to polish my Performer

• Sponsors (?)

GTPhreak said:
But we know that will never happen since Dr.Bling doesnt race :lol: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I could probably spank him right now without the twins :D And your forgetting... he has STOCK HEADS AND CAM! HAHAHA. Seriously... who has stock heads/cam and a vortech?!?! Thats just not right

RC said:
ALREADY came polished
Didn't you say that you had to repolish it because it had a yellowish tint to it? :notnice: And your going to need all the powerband you can get to keep up with me :p

Got the intake polished up this morning, not the best but it'll do for now until I get some better polishing stuff. The wheels I had couldnt get to some places at the base of the intake or in some of the grooves but it looks good enough for me for now until I get some better compounds because the ones I have will only give it a dull shine no matter what grit paper you sand up to and no matter how many times you go over the same spot :notnice:
intake05.jpg

By fake typhoon I ment its an Edelbrock wanna-be (the fake part) and it was the typhoon intake.
And yes I can't drive at all :( So leave me alone :lol:

I'm done with it for now but you can still see scratches on it and there were aprts that my buffing wheels could not get to so I'm going to wait until that stuff if fixed to seal it up. I have some blue magic stuff I might put on it but I'm not sure yet. Heres 2 pictures of it on my car... Looks better than what it did but still not good enough for me
intake06.jpg

intake07.jpg

Zach, ditch that stock intake tract. Take that stuff out and make some form of CAI with an open filter. It will feel like you gained 50 horsepower.

And as of now, I've got 50 bucks on Rob. If you guys race from a roll, make that bet 100. :D

Joe

:rlaugh: Me too. My money is on Rob :) We just give eachother a hard time about everything.

I would make a CAI for my car, but I'm not too worried about it since I'm not going to the track anymore until I get the turbos on, which I hope will be soon :banana: Then whos your money on???

1105 said:
:rlaugh: Me too. My money is on Rob :) We just give eachother a hard time about everything.

I would make a CAI for my car, but I'm not too worried about it since I'm not going to the track anymore until I get the turbos on, which I hope will be soon :banana: Then whos your money on???
I don't bet :D. It'd be you until Rob got a good set of heads and a cam. Things would get interesting then. Automatics are the way to go in high horsepower situations.

Joe

I vote for Zack b/c hell will freeze over before Rob goes to the track.

As it stands right now Rob would spank you silly so dont talk to much smack until you get those turbos on.

Joes95GT > I love your sig and Avatar :rlaugh:

1105 said:

im just curious as to if your going to fix whats wrong now(IE: rear end) before you go adding more power....

Anthony

GTPhreak said:
I see a grudge match in the works

I dont know why...Zach has this hang up about dissin' me all the time and I cant figure it out :shrug:

I just do my regular jokes like with everyone else.

BTW...What's wrong with stock H/C with a Vortech??

The cam in our cars is fine, and with the heads, the only problem is the weight and the flow. They are at least really strong.

Jose (Str8stang) has almost the same setup as me, but with a 5-speed.

Also, you all are underestimating the PI STallion TC on my AODE. That thing netted 8% more HP and over 12% more TQ to the RW's. That sucker is so loose, that at idle, when I let off on the brake, the car barely rolls.

ONE bad made it to the 12's with an AODE :hail2: and no power adder.

RC

Striped5.0 said:
I vote for Zack b/c hell will freeze over before Rob goes to the track.
:rlaugh: Rob you really need to take your car to the track!

Anthony, I'm going to keep the stock rearend for now and when I get money upgrade the whole diff and get 31 spline axels for it.

RC said:
I dont know why...Zach has this hang up about dissin' me all the time and I cant figure it out

The dissin' is only because I'm jealous :D I wish I had a nice clean engine and a vortech on my car right about now... And I never said anything about autos being bad. Hell I'm thinking about swapping to a C4 once the turbos are on and everything is tuned.

1105 said:
:rlaugh: Rob you really need to take your car to the track!

Anthony, I'm going to keep the stock rearend for now and when I get money upgrade the whole diff and get 31 spline axels for it.

The dissin' is only because I'm jealous :D I wish I had a nice clean engine and a vortech on my car right about now... And I never said anything about autos being bad. Hell I'm thinking about swapping to a C4 once the turbos are on and everything is tuned.
Jealous of what?
It took me 10 Freakin years to get to this....How long have you been at it?
It seems youve come a long way in a short time..
How about taking a drive down and go to Towers with us Friday.

1105 said:
I'd love to but I have school and work that night :notnice: I'll be down that way this summer after I get out of high school. Can I crash at your house? :) lol

btw... What exactly is Towers?

Towers is just a shopping center where people are allowed to park their cars and hang out from 5-10PM. All cars go...imports, Vettes, classics, PT Cruisers, and of course US :nice: Then we go out to eat after, and on the way home we have our convoy bustin' the imports chops.

You cant crash at my house, but Ill buy the dinner and you can crash with Jose or Javi..

Dude, that looks killer. A lot better than what u had, and imo, what u had wasn't too bad lookin. Now I'm even more jealous...lol! Oh well, when u do get it all done, i/k it will look totally sweet. Maybe u can get it lookin chrome like some of those others I've seen.