State Speeding Laws (Sticky Request

• Sponsors (?)

The law defining speeding to be reckless driving is not enforced. Online Driver's Guide. As in Oregon, "embracing another while driving" is illegal (reckless driving, 46.61.665). Is this a big problem in the northwest?

ROFL i love Washington (state that is)

The law's pretty broad down here. "Exhibition of speed" could be something as minor as "getting into it a little bit" (as in, accellerating rapidly from a stop OR a roll), even without breaking the tires loose. It's totally a judgement call by the cop(s), and so they can use/abuse it however they please.

Fortunately, most of the cops down here seem pretty cool for the most part, as they tend to focus on important crimes like murders and assaults and the like rather than some fatty good ol' boy county mountie lookin' to nail them Duke boys and please Boss Hawg with some extra income. :D

Only been pulled over once down here, and the cop gave me a verbal warning - he noticed the tires in back were larger than the fronts, and I didn't have a proper speedo gear for my 4.10's in place yet (not to mention the gear in there was chewed to bits and the needle was bouncing uselessly all over the place). Didn't have to beg him or anything, he just didn't seem all gung-ho about handing out petty tickets that day, I guess. Lucky me, eh? :)

vikingpower said:
Its funny how so many people complain about street racing. There are a lot worse things going on in this country, like persecution of homosexuals by christians, and drunk driving, and the Bush administration.

I was thinking just like you, in tell you started talking bad about bush... But if you don't like street racing then start buy all the fast cars and shooting at the ones driving by you. Some people on here bi%ch about it, but I bet when some pulled up beside them at a street light and try to race. You have once or twice....

mustangsally93 said:
I was thinking just like you, in tell you started talking bad about bush... But if you don't like street racing then start buy all the fast cars and shooting at the ones driving by you. Some people on here bi%ch about it, but I bet when some pulled up beside them at a street light and try to race. You have once or twice....
I "street race" whenever I get the itch. What I was saying was stop complaining about stupid **** when there's far worse going on right under our noses and nobody says anything. Like thousands of U.S. soldiers dead in Iraq for the lies of cold-blooded politicians!!! Don't believe the hype think for yourself

Just because there are worse things than street racing doesnt mean that street racing is ok. Imagine if the cops didnt give a **** about street racing and did absolutely nothing about it ever like you seem to think they should. It would be a lot worse than it is now. If you think that more people give a **** about street racing than the war in iraq and soldiers dying you need to open your eyes. I am sure there are plenty of anti bush threads on here but this is mainly a car forum so street racing is a big topic

vikingpower said:
Its funny how so many people complain about street racing. There are a lot worse things going on in this country, like persecution of homosexuals by christians, and drunk driving, and the Bush administration.

I find it amusing that you put "homosexual bashing" and "drunk driving" in the same category...
Actually street racing is about as bad as drunk driving. Both acts give you a highly increased chance of severely hurting someone else...

Josh79 said:
Just because there are worse things than street racing doesnt mean that street racing is ok. Imagine if the cops didnt give a **** about street racing and did absolutely nothing about it ever like you seem to think they should. It would be a lot worse than it is now. If you think that more people give a **** about street racing than the war in iraq and soldiers dying you need to open your eyes. I am sure there are plenty of anti bush threads on here but this is mainly a car forum so street racing is a big topic

If this is meant for me. WTF!!! I'm not saying any thing like that.. I was saying that for being a car forum a lot of people on here are up tight. If some says " hey look at my video of my race" people look. But when some says "hey this guy wants to race me to night". Peolpe start getting up tight...

Oh sorry too my brother didn't die in Iraq to have his car that I now own sit in the barn, and not for it to go out and throw 3rd Gens a beating....He wanted this car to run, and not just run on a track. So if I get some tickets oh well. I did it, and I'll pay for it...

vikingpower said:
I "street race" whenever I get the itch. What I was saying was stop complaining about stupid **** when there's far worse going on right under our noses and nobody says anything. Like thousands of U.S. soldiers dead in Iraq for the lies of cold-blooded politicians!!! Don't believe the hype think for yourself

What Lies???????????

My 2Cents is People who street race know it's wrong and know what trouble they can get into (Cops, jail time, Killing themselves or somebody else) but they choose to do it anyway. I think that they will do it whether or not its permitted.. If they want to street race so be it. thanks for the info either way.

Even though BOTH are bad.. I wouldn't put street racing in the same category as Drunken driving.

I am neither for it, nor against it. I just think people are smart enough to know what risks they take and they know better. So if they want to do it, so be it. You can only do so much.

I personnally like the bush admin. I don't agree with all of the things they do but if Kerry or one of the other damn democrats get their hands on the presidncy it means no more shootin my SKS with a 40 round clip for my redneck a$$. Did yall know Kerry wanted to make everyone who owns a gun to register. That would be against my AMERICAN rights that state I have a right to bear arms.

grey5.0beast said:
I personnally like the bush admin. I don't agree with all of the things they do but if Kerry or one of the other damn democrats get their hands on the presidncy it means no more shootin my SKS with a 40 round clip for my redneck a$$. Did yall know Kerry wanted to make everyone who owns a gun to register. That would be against my AMERICAN rights that state I have a right to bear arms.

Damn near every Dem is Anti-Gun, they would love to team up with the UN and Disarm Americans!

vikingpower said:

Your a f'in idiot. First of all, where are these christians killing homosexuals? Just because not everyone thinks gays and lesbo's are so special and they don't admire them, doesn't compare to persecution. Look it up you ignorant, word twisting moron. Christians aren't the problem in this country. I don't always agree with Bush, but what other choices do we have? The Bush administration has managed in the past six or so years to tear down the liberal fabric that the dems have taken decades to build. Gun controll has been knocked back over 20 years alone.

Back on topic. They should put the punishent due to the crime. If your street racing, and hurt someone, then they should throw the book at you, but if no one gets hurt, no accident, it should be a fine.

Virginia: Not using turn signals is wreckless driving. :rlaugh: Yeah, it's annoying, but wreckless?

No mustangsally my post wasnt directed at you. There are a lot of different types/degrees of street racing. Now if they are doing serious street racing in busy areas than that is pretty stupid. Some people just dont use there head while "street racing". if you get on it at a stop light with a friend or someone else beside you wanting to play a little when there isnt any traffic around and use your head with your overall speed than i have no problem with that. Truely a lot of **** can happen while street racing whether it be a mechanical or driver error. Street racing with a car making serious power that has traction issues at the properly prepped track should probably not be raced on the street.

90mustangGT said:
Your a f'in idiot. First of all, where are these christians killing homosexuals? Just because not everyone thinks gays and lesbo's are so special and they don't admire them, doesn't compare to persecution. Look it up you ignorant, word twisting moron. Christians aren't the problem in this country. I don't always agree with Bush, but what other choices do we have? The Bush administration has managed in the past six or so years to tear down the liberal fabric that the dems have taken decades to build. Gun controll has been knocked back over 20 years alone.

Back on topic. They should put the punishent due to the crime. If your street racing, and hurt someone, then they should throw the book at you, but if no one gets hurt, no accident, it should be a fine.

Yea to all of this!!!

90mustangGT said:

Virginia: Not using turn signals is wreckless driving. :rlaugh: Yeah, it's annoying, but wreckless?

amen brother, also homosexuals are a big problem in this world and we needs to stand up and do something about it and if you think homosexuality is right your wrong my opinion you can't do nothing about it.but thats another subject that i was surprised to see come up in this thread...

with street racing (quote) I "street race" whenever I get the itch. What I was saying was stop complaining about stupid **** when there's far worse going on right under our noses and nobody says anything.(end quote)YA ITS STUPID UNTIL SOMEONE KILLS YOUR MOTHER,SON WIFE OR SOMEONE ELSE IN YOUR FAMILY....THEN ITS WRONG, RIGHT....ITS NOT STUPID ITS MURDER YA THATS STUPID don't get mad at what i say just think about it,im old enough to know better....click on the links and read the facts http://www.partsamerica.com/MotorsportsRaceTrackProgram.aspx
http://www.nhra.com/streetlegal/stats.html
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/crime/street-racing.html

Street racing done on city streets is illegal. You can be hurt or killed or even hurt or kill someone else. These are not merely speculations that some might say COULD happen. They have happened and continue to happen everyday due to those people who think that it is cool or fun to race cars on the streets. Nationwide statistics have shown that almost 50 people in every 1000 who are participating in street racing, are killed. That is a lot of young people that would be alive today if not for illegal street racing. 50 out of 100...

The bottom line is that street racing, while it might seem like fun and be a "rush", it is illegal and you can completely change your life in the short time that it takes to start up that car and take off. Just ask 15 year old Jeremy, who now speaks out about the dangers of street racing from his prison cell.
copied from http://www.bug-boys.com/info/illegal-racing.htm

I PAY $10 AND RACE AT THE TRACK....find a track close to you and go to it if there is'nt one it may be a good buisness investment for you and others to buy into in your area...

Thanks for the support everyone. I was a little "irratable" when I typed in those flames. I just get so tired of this country and everyone in it being accused of being scum of the earth. Yes there is tension between different groupes in this great land, weather it's different races, religions, sexualities, whatever, I could go on for pages, and there are more of a mix in this great land than anywhere in the world, HOWEVER, the "fighting" and bickering we do, compare it to anywhere else in the world where they KILL each other. Yes, there is corruption, no doubt, and our leaders arn't perfect, but look at what the rest of the world has. This country gives more to the world than any other country in the world, however, these poor little countries call us stingy. The ignorance of someone to say what that dude said is stupid. :flag:

Ted Bundy targeted only shoulder length hair burnettes, so I guess they are persecuted, so they should all get affirmitive action and benifits. :rolleyes:

I agree with the rest of it, there are different levels of street racing. However, goverments are giving the same fine to those who drop the clutch too fast and bark a tire in the rain and those who blocked traffic and raced to 160mph. Now that's just plain STUPID. Zero tollerance = zero brains.