Statement about new Camaro

• Sponsors (?)

Says the guy with a damn Subaru in his sig.

People need to lighten up.

Says the guy who OBVIOUSLY can't read! Do you hear me going on and on about how WRXs are better than Mustangs? No...you don't.

But the ONE thing that SHOULDN'T be tolerated, is when someone spends the time to sign up for a MUSTANG forum, just so they can suck Chevy off.

And if you COULD read, than you would remember where I stated that THIS IS A MUSTANG forum. Keep the Mustang trash talking to a minimum.

Oh...and I'm sorry you don't own a WRX. However, there's no need to be jealous. :whine:

Im saying people need to throw away their blind fanboy-isms and appreciate cars for what they are.

Subaru, Mustang, Camaro, Vette, Cobra, Civic... Whatever. If its fast, its fast. I guess some people cant grasp that concept.

To the OP, all this does is make me hope Ford steps up to the plate. We all can assume they will still pummel Chebby in sales but wouldn't it be nice for the Mustang to be more then just a cash cow? Yea there was the legendary Terminator but I for one am disappointed that Ford waited until after the F-bods died out to make that beast. I say bring the competition on now before the Gov't reigns it all back in.

I'll just stick with my crappy ol' Fox. No payments, cheap insurance, and I could easily put HALF the amount of cash one of those new Camaros cost into my car and make it run circles around one (if I were that wealthy to begin with, anyway). Plus, I wouldn't feel like I'm riding on a big plastic marshmallow the whole time I'm driving, either, which seems to be the norm for EVERY car made these days. :notnice:

amen, you and me both

Ford shouldve stepped up to the plate when they had the money to. Say mid to late eighties, early nineties when they were looked upon as making good products and were one of the premier carmakers. They dont have the money to go into a horsepower war right now and have no reason to with gas prices hurting sales in every segment. Im interested to see whats going to happen when they roll out the Eco Boost lineup of engines. I was hoping the new MKS was going to have it but I guess the early models wont. I also dont like the styling of the new Camaro. It looks like nothing. No heritage to it. It looks like they couldnt decide if they wanted to go retro, or new edge and got last somewhere in the middle. The Challenger hit the new edge retro look right on the head. Even more so than the new style Mustang. But were getting close to a new design for the Stang so heres hoping for improvements on an already good design.

Ford shouldve stepped up to the plate when they had the money to. Say mid to late eighties, early nineties when they were looked upon as making good products and were one of the premier carmakers. They dont have the money to go into a horsepower war right now and have no reason to with gas prices hurting sales in every segment. Im interested to see whats going to happen when they roll out the Eco Boost lineup of engines. I was hoping the new MKS was going to have it but I guess the early models wont. I also dont like the styling of the new Camaro. It looks like nothing. No heritage to it. It looks like they couldnt decide if they wanted to go retro, or new edge and got last somewhere in the middle. The Challenger hit the new edge retro look right on the head. Even more so than the new style Mustang. But were getting close to a new design for the Stang so heres hoping for improvements on an already good design.

I agree. Im really interested in what Ford is doing with direct injection and turbos. It just doesnt sound like its gonna be remotely affordable. They are definitely going in the right direction though. Performance + Economy instead of GMs band-aid approach with Hybrid tech.

This is Stangnet, NOONE should or is allowed to stick up for a GM product. We all must spend the whole post bashing every other car and come together and go kick in the doors of every GM product we see during our daily routine. If we don't we aren't true Mustang owners!!!

:D

Jeez ... what's with all of the argumentative posters, lately? Can't we all just toss an opinion out there without having to knock someone else's as being "stupid" or "ghey" or whatever, or needing to spend several pages bickering about stuff, anymore? :shrug:

I love the new stang. I REALLY love modded new stangs!! Maybe because Im older and I see it in a different light but a new tricked out Mustang looks exotic, sounds good too! There already in the 13's. And I'm sure it's easy as pie to get them into the 12's!

05-08GT + Pro Charger = 100% Pure unadulterated sex on wheels!! :nice:-*

I was to young for the first muscle car era but Im alive and well for this one! And cars are faster then in the first ones! (On a whole) Charger/Challenger, Mustang, Z-28, GTO, WRX, EVO, and future retro style muscle cars are all PRETTY close in 0-60 times and 1/4 mile. It comes down to an age old hobby to make it fast.
HOT RODDING! It's called different things today, "Tuners", Tweaked, worked,project, ect,,,,
It's hot rodding! Plain and simple! It's what you have to do to make it faster then your buddies car. Putting a cat back on, getting gears put in, H/C/I swaps, tires & rims, tuners,CAI's, computer chips, ect,,,,,,,,,,

The more the merrior! Make a Cuda! :shrug: Bring back the TA!:shrug: How about a GTX? Pontiac has a ton of names it can bring back! Make a 4 door sedan, call it a Catalina, stick the Corvette motor in it and call it a SD!! (Super Duty)
How about making that GTX and put a Wedge in it instead of a Hemi!:shrug:

All I'm getting at is that "I AM PUMPED" about all these new cars coming out. And the comrodery (sp) that comes with the different brands. I just hope what killed the 1st era doesn't kill this one. With the gases prices going through the roof it mite have an impact on it. :(