Steeda 19 or E-303 cam?

1quik69

Apr 2, 2005
I have a 95 Gt vert with the Aode trans. The car has 3:73 gears, jba headers , subframe connector and flowmaster exhaust. I am getting ready to put on iron Gt40 heads and Gt40 intake(not explorer). I have a 65mm tb and I am looking at using an 80mm Pro M. What are your experiences with these 2 cams and what would you recommend out of the 2. Also, what are your experiences with running a 75 mm tb with this setup? Pro M recommeded a 75 mm tb and Ford racing said 65 mm. Thanks in advance for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

from what i understand your not supposed to change the cam in the 94 and 95 cars unless you have changed the computer. some people have gotten away with it though. someone else will probably know more about it.

I owned an AODE 95GT with a Steeda #19. To be honest I'd do a stock cam with 1.7s before I did that again. The #19 was all right after changing to a 5 speed, but just didn't have any bottom end for the AODE.

As for the computer the #19 ran fine since it has such a wide LCA (115). It is made for the 94/95 cars after all so thats not an issue. However the e303 has a much narrower LCA (110) that its a crap shoot if it will idle ok or not.

As for the TB the 75 is probably a little big. If you do go with a cam its probably ok. If you do go the stock cam 1.7 route then a 65 is a better choice.

Another "problem" with putting a cam in is the 3.73 gears are really not enough for an AODE car. I know thats what I had as well.