Steeda Cai And Tune

Dee T

May 9, 2012
Hi all, I've been lurking the forum for a while now reading and studying about these new 5.0s. I pulled the trigger on a 2012 model in April after seeing the 13s. I decided I liked the hood and grille better on the 2012. I think I got a pretty smoking deal on the car Black GT premium w/ Brembo package for 28,600. The msrp was 37,020. Anywho I'd like to get a CAI and a tune I've decided to go with a steeda, but I have a couple of questions. Can I run the 93 cammed tune with the cats still in place? I just dont have the funds to do a complete exhaust right now. I have got some gt500 axlebacks coming (used) for sound but I really like the cammed sound, and a little extra performance would be a plus. I plan on a complete exhaust later, but for the time being would/could it cause the cats to overheat and clog?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi all, I've been lurking the forum for a while now reading and studying about these new 5.0s. I pulled the trigger on a 2012 model in April after seeing the 13s. I decided I liked the hood and grille better on the 2012. I think I got a pretty smoking deal on the car Black GT premium w/ Brembo package for 28,600. The msrp was 37,020. Anywho I'd like to get a CAI and a tune I've decided to go with a steeda, but I have a couple of questions. Can I run the 93 cammed tune with the cats still in place? I just dont have the funds to do a complete exhaust right now. I have got some gt500 axlebacks coming (used) for sound but I really like the cammed sound, and a little extra performance would be a plus. I plan on a complete exhaust later, but for the time being would/could it cause the cats to overheat and clog?
Yes, our cam idle tune can be used with stock cats.

We haven't seen any ruining of the cats in our testing.

Let me know if I can help you with that.