Steeda CAI Install Time

Aug 19, 2004
Just received a Steeda CAI for my '03...want to install it tomorrow, however, I am pressed for time. Anyone have an idea on what amount of time I could expect to spend on the removal of the stock setup and install of the Steeda?? I am not overly mechanical, but the instructions seem pretty straight forward...

• Sponsors (?)

Ensure the bottom portion of the metal heatsheild that surrounds the Steeda unit does not come into contact with the A/C coolant lines. There have been a few reports of the sharp metal edge cutting into the soft aluminum A/C lines which in turn will bleed off all your refridgerent! Plus the replacement cost of the A/C line itself is pretty high too!

U.M.

1268melberger said:
Thanks fellas, will do! They do mention in the instructions about moving the a/c line out of the way if need be...........

Completed...a few minor obstacles due to me being an amateur. Runs nice and isn't too loud (wine)!! :nice:

1268melberger said:
Completed...a few minor obstacles due to me being an amateur. Runs nice and isn't too loud (wine)!! :nice:

Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal before performing the install? If your answer is no, go out and do it now! While the negative battery terminal is disconnected, get in and pump the brakes a couple times to ensure that any residual power is drained from the ECM. Now connect the negative terminal back up and make at least 3 or 4 driving cycles.

What we are doing here is clearing the ECM's adaptive memory. Your car's computer needs to re-learn the fuel trims now that its intake is much less restrictive. This WILL make an improvement in performance!!!

U.M.

P.S. This procedure should be performed for any modification that affects the intake or exhaust.

Uncle Meat said:
Did you disconnect the negative battery terminal before performing the install? If your answer is no, go out and do it now! While the negative battery terminal is disconnected, get in and pump the brakes a couple times to ensure that any residual power is drained from the ECM. Now connect the negative terminal back up and make at least 3 or 4 driving cycles.

What we are doing here is clearing the ECM's adaptive memory. Your car's computer needs to re-learn the fuel trims now that its intake is much less restrictive. This WILL make an improvement in performance!!!

U.M.

P.S. This procedure should be performed for any modification that affects the intake or exhaust.

Did not do that (instructions did not have that in....however the MAC Straight Shot instructions said to disconnect it). I am at work now so I won't be able to do it until later. What do you consider a driving cycle (going for a ride around the block etc.)??

Thanks for the tip!! I noticed you are from Alabama.....good luck with IVAN!!

1268melberger said:
Did not do that (instructions did not have that in....however the MAC Straight Shot instructions said to disconnect it). I am at work now so I won't be able to do it until later. What do you consider a driving cycle (going for a ride around the block etc.)??

Thanks for the tip!! I noticed you are from Alabama.....good luck with IVAN!!

Yup, a drive around the block would count as a drive cycle.

Me and Ivan will be duking it out personally starting this evening... he's coming right for me!

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Yup, a drive around the block would count as a drive cycle.

Me and Ivan will be duking it out personally starting this evening... he's coming right for me!

U.M.
Thanks...I will do that tonight. Keep safe (Cobra included)!

UM,

By chance, do you have a phone number for Diablosport?? I returned my Predator for them to look at / fix and I can't get in touch with them. I have a phone number for them ....but no one answers. I e-mailed them twice per the customer service area on their website...no response.

1268melberger said:
UM,

By chance, do you have a phone number for Diablosport?? I returned my Predator for them to look at / fix and I can't get in touch with them. I have a phone number for them ....but no one answers. I e-mailed them twice per the customer service area on their website...no response.

Are you trying to contact DiabloSport, or James at RWTD? Reason I ask is that RWTD is located in Mobil Alabama and they are being evacuated due to Ivan!

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Are you trying to contact DiabloSport, or James at RWTD? Reason I ask is that RWTD is located in Mobil Alabama and they are being evacuated due to Ivan!

U.M.
No, I am trying to get Diablosport.....James referred me to Brian @ DS when his fixes wouldn't work.