Steeda CAI & Tune

50SteedaGT

Feb 16, 2011
Everywhere
Well, it was hard to pass up a new 5.0 after one test drive. I told myself I was going to wait awhile before I "played" with it but I couldn't leave well enough alone. I ended up going with the Steeda CAI and Tune and could not be happier...I thought the car was quick stock lol...It's almost a night and day difference as the car is much more responsive. I was thinking about exhaust next...any suggestions? I'm not looking for anything terribly loud...a few people are suggesting headers over an axle back first.

Thanks!

:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, it was hard to pass up a new 5.0 after one test drive. I told myself I was going to wait awhile before I "played" with it but I couldn't leave well enough alone. I ended up going with the Steeda CAI and Tune and could not be happier...I thought the car was quick stock lol...It's almost a night and day difference as the car is much more responsive. I was thinking about exhaust next...any suggestions? I'm not looking for anything terribly loud...a few people are suggesting headers over an axle back first.

Thanks!

:nice:

Headers if you want them strictly for power gains and have the money (expensive)...not much more sound with these only.

Exhaust if you only have a few hundred $ and want the sound..Wont get power gains, but holy moly...nice sound.

I have the Steeda Axlebacks, but I got mine in the beginning when they were made by Borla. Now theyre getting there axlebacks from kooks. They sound nice (quieter than mine) and have no drone.

Call Steeda and ask for Todd...Tell him Robert Referred you and he'll hook you up.

RC

Just had my car on the rollers today testing the steeda intake with 93 octane tune vs stock.

381/368 stock
390/379 93 octane tune only for no intake
406/387 intake/tune

I'd say I am pretty pleased picking up 25/19 with just an intake/tune for it. Those are peak numbers as the curve and response of the car is great now. Obviously my sig times show what the car can do ;)

Just had my car on the rollers today testing the steeda intake with 93 octane tune vs stock.

381/368 stock
390/379 93 octane tune only for no intake
406/387 intake/tune

I'd say I am pretty pleased picking up 25/19 with just an intake/tune for it. Those are peak numbers as the curve and response of the car is great now. Obviously my sig times show what the car can do ;)

Steeda's "beater car" went 11.87 last week...Tune and CAI only. I havent had my auto at the track yet. But on a third gear dyno, I went from 347/306 to 385/360.

Obviously with the auto the raw numbers are lower but the gains were phenomenal... 38/54 at the wheels!!:nice:

RC

All of our great et times like this are about to get more realistic since the weather is starting to warm up and not everyone will be making passes in -1500 da anymore sadly :( I pulled my pass with program only but great weather will do that for you ;)

I can't wait to throw more mods on the car now.