Steeda Cold Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Steeda CAI and a Xcal2 tune and would recommend it to anyone. The quality of the parts look much better than some of the other kits available. It also uses the stock intake tube and has an excellent heat shield like someone said ealier. Unless you really want to have one of the kits that replace the intake tube then I would say get the Steeda.

• Sponsors (?)

J DeMolet forwarded me this email.....i edited ONLY the email addresses to prevent the bots from sending junkmail....

Date: 2006/04/13 Thu PM 09:22:23 EDT
To:
Subject: Fwd: Re: Shootout question

Note: forwarded message attached.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2006/04/13 Thu AM 09:42:19 EDT
To: JOHN DEMOLET
Subject: Re: Shootout question

John,

Good Morning.

I did invite Steeda, but they never responded. So, I have no data on them.
Are you just curious how they stack up?

Jamie

Dr. Jamie Meyer

On Apr 13, 2006, at 7:47 AM, JOHN DEMOLET wrote:

Dr. Meyer, was Steeda invited to the 05' CAI shootout?

Thanks.

John DeMolet

Thank you for posting the email.

Dr. Meyer sent all the invitations for the shootout. I'm unaware of any better source for the truth.

Guss your post is slanderous defamation of character. Is that the way you wish to leave it?

J DeMolet said:

Dr. Meyer sent all the invitations for the shootout. I'm unaware of any better source for the truth.

Guss your post is slanderous defamation of character. Is that the way you wish to leave it?
First of all..what in the hell did you accuse me and my post as being slanderous defamation of character ?? Lets get something straight right here and now John..if I had accused you of being full of BS..I would have referred to you, by name.. And did you ever bother to think that when I mentioned that somebody was full of BS, that I could have very well meant that it was the tech REP from Steeda, that I may have been referring to ?? As for posting the e-mail you received from Dr. Meyer..Yes I wanted proof in black and white, so I don't end up making a complete idiot out of myself, while I confront Steeda about this..And just for the record..I fully intend to investigate this furthur, until I know one way or the other as to why Steeda was not at the shootout, and let me just close by saying, that I'm very offended and very pissed off, by you're accusations of slander, and defamation of character, and if you felt in anyway, that my comment was personally directed towards you..then you should have either sent me a PM or you could have called me on the phone John..There was absoluetly no reason and no excuse whatsoever to publically make me out to look like an slanderous idiot, in the chat forum.. and I also feel that you owe me a public apology, as well... :mad:

J DeMolet said:

No, its not. And again that isnt exactly happened and Mr. Meyer has already discussed this with the proper contact here in our media dept. If that is the position Mr Meyer wants to take, so be it.

You want to discuss slander further you can do it through legal counsel.

Otherwise, we will not hijack this thread anymore than we already have.

Gus

J DeMolet said:
I specified 'Gus' not you.
John, I just got off the phone with Steeda, and was informed the reason why there was no response, was because nobody ever received the e-mail sent by Dr. Meyer. and although I'm sure the invitation was sent, its very possible that there could be any number of reasons, as to why Steeda didn't receive his e-mail, first of all, It could have been sent to the wrong person or wrong department. Being that their one of the hugest aftermarket dealers nationwide, this is extremely possible, or there could have been a problem with the particular e-mail server, during the time it was sent, but I was assured that in no way, would any Steeda marketing Rep. deliberately refuse or ignore to send a reply, and was again informed that if the Vice President of Marketing, had recieved Dr. Meyer's e-mail invitation, to participate in the 5.0 Mustang shootout, his exact words once again were..that he would have jumped at the opportunity..Therefore I cannot comprehend as to why, one of the largest aftermarket companies, would all of a sudden, attempt to hide or cover up the results of their actual performance numbers for their cold air kit, as though it were some kind of conspiracy theory..I mean let's get real here, if there was any possibility, do you really believe a muliti-million $ company would take this kind of risk ?? think about it.. And why would Ford bother to share Steeda's technology, in addition to becomming an official partner and dealer ?? it just doesn't make any logical sense at all.. Also I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but Ford has installed the FRPP 1 in the just recently released 40th aniversary Shelby GT-H Hertz Mustang, as part of the car's performance package, which by the way happens to be designed and manufactured, by none other, than Steeda.. Why ? because Ford acknowledges Steeda's commitment in both research and development, into each and every part, they produce.. So there you have it. And BTW: Gus did not slander you in anyway either, He's just voicing his opinion, like any other passionate enthusiast, who's concerned..Geez, my entire purpose for opening this thread, was to seek any opinions and recommendations, from my fellow Stangnet members, that have the Steeda CAI and how they like the product..I was never looking nor did I ever intend to start a debate, about Steeda's reputation, otherwise I would have never posted this thread, to begin with.. So how about we all just get back on the right track, to where we belong and conduct any debates or disagreements, in a friendly and non-hostle manner ? For all this finger pointing and accusation back and forth nonsense, had gone way too far and way out of hand.. Thanks :bang:

That's cool. I never wanted this to be an argument.

Gus, you presumed me guilty till proven innocent....."We all know it's not the truth". Maybe in the future look at ALL the facts first.

I simply presented the truth after verifying it.

As an employee of my company it's CRITICAL that what I say is accurate.

I hope everybody has a great Easter.

J DeMolet said:
That's cool. I never wanted this to be an argument.

Gus, you presumed me guilty till proven innocent....."We all know it's not the truth". Maybe in the future look at ALL the facts first.

I simply presented the truth after verifying it.

As an employee of my company it's CRITICAL that what I say is accurate.

I hope everybody has a great Easter.
Well let's just put it this way..If you had never hijacked my thread, in the first place, there wouldn't have been any arguments, to begin with.. and if you were so concerned as to whether or not Steeda, had participated in the shootout..you should discussed that with me privately..I would have taken whatever steps that may have been necessary, to resolve any issues concerning Steeda's participation in the shootout personally...You had neither any right nor any business, in attempting to hijack my thread..

Hello Gentlemen.

First, I'd like the moderators of this forum to remove all of my personal information from this thread. I never authorized that, and I never knew that John was getting pressed into publishing a personal email from me to him.

Second, I greatly regret not getting Steeda involved in the S197 CAI shootout. I take full responsibility for that mistake. I had sent an email to a high-ranking Steeda representative, but that email address had changed - something I didn't know at the time. By the time I had collected all of the CAIs, I had more work than I could handle. It was a poor decision on my part to not follow up with a phone call to the folks at Steeda. Again, I am sorry for that mistake.

As for Steeda's product: I did not test it, so I have no data to go on. I'm sure, like everything that Steeda produces, that their S197 CAI is a solid, well-built part that does exactly what their description says.

I will go on to say that I have absolutely nothing but respect for Steeda and the products that they make. I am actively working with Austin Craig of Steeda to bring more S197 tech articles to 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine readers featuring the installation and testing of Steeda products.

I am also using several Steeda products in my upcoming book "Dr. Meyer's Guide to Modifying the S197 Mustang" to be published by CarTech Books in June. [Sorry for the shameless plug, but it is relavent.]

I hope this helps clear up this issue. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Jamie
[email protected]

Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
Hello Gentlemen.

First, I'd like the moderators of this forum to remove all of my personal information from this thread. I never authorized that, and I never knew that John was getting pressed into publishing a personal email from me to him.

Second, I greatly regret not getting Steeda involved in the S197 CAI shootout. I take full responsibility for that mistake. I had sent an email to a high-ranking Steeda representative, but that email address had changed - something I didn't know at the time. By the time I had collected all of the CAIs, I had more work than I would handle. It was a poor decision on my part to not follow up with a phone call to the folks at Steeda. Again, I am sorry for that mistake.

As for Steeda's product: I did not test it, so I have no data to go on. I'm sure, like everything that Steeda produces, that their S197 CAI is a solid, well-built part that does exactly what their description says.

I will go on to say that I have absolutely nothing but respect for Steeda and the products that they make. I am actively working with Austin Craig of Steeda to bring more S197 tech articles to 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine readers featuring the installation and testing of Steeda products.

I am also using several Steeda products in my upcoming book "Dr. Meyer's Guide to Modifying the S197 Mustang" to be published by CarTech Books in June. [Sorry for the shameless plug, but it is relavent.]

I hope this helps clear up this issue. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Jamie
[email protected]
i fixed this for you. sorry for any problems that might have caused. i simply posted a forwarded email. i should have edited the information when i posted it. :bang:

sorry again.

Dr. Jamie Meyer said:
Hello Gentlemen.

Second, I greatly regret not getting Steeda involved in the S197 CAI shootout. I take full responsibility for that mistake. I had sent an email to a high-ranking Steeda representative, but that email address had changed - something I didn't know at the time. By the time I had collected all of the CAIs, I had more work than I would handle. It was a poor decision on my part to not follow up with a phone call to the folks at Steeda. Again, I am sorry for that mistake.

Jamie
[email protected]
Thank you for you're reply Dr. Meyer and just let me say that first of all.. John was never pressed into publishing a personal e-mail from you..as I stated in my e-mail that just sent you, this evening...I opened up this thread from the very beginning and John had absolutley no business whatsoever, in attempting to hijack my thread, and as a result, I had to perform my own investigation with Steeda, in order to get this situation resolved, as to why Steeda was not able to attend you're 5.0 mustang shootout, in fact all of this began when a forum member had asked for my input, concerning as to whether or not Steeda had taken part, in the shootout, and that was when John took it upon himself, to ask you about it.. and again he had no business in attempting to answer a question, that was directed torwards me, by another forum member, to begin with.. And to be pefectly honest with you..John brought all of this upon himself, and if go back and read all the posts listed..you'll see exactly what I'm talking about, anyway I also hope this staightens everything out, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask...thanks again for taking the time, to resolve this issue with Steeda, Sincerely Rocky P.

red05bullitgt said:
John was never pressed into publishing a personal e-mail from you......

John brought all of this upon himself, and if go back and read all the posts listed..you'll see exactly what I'm talking about, anyway I also hope this staightens everything out

i dont see this as a true statement. i dont have any part of this thread, except for posting the message that i was asked to post. i am an outsider in this and have no interest either good or bad about any manufacturer. but with these posts, i feel that you DID ask john to post that email.....

red05bullitgt said:
You claim that Dr. Meyer, related a response via e-mail to you ?? Then post it, so we can all know the truth, as to whether or not Steeda had responded, because its pretty obvious that somebody is full of :bs:

SteedaGus said:
We would like to see it too. Especially since its not the truth. We'll just leave it at that.

Gus

please dont flame me for this post, i am just trying to understand your reply.

bigcat said:
i dont see this as a true statement. i dont have any part of this thread, except for posting the message that i was asked to post. i am an outsider in this and have no interest either good or bad about any manufacturer. but with these posts, i feel that you DID ask john to post that email.....

And I'll explain why, I asked John to post the e-mail Bigcat... because after John hijacked my thread, by using this is another of his opportunities, to use this forum as a means to promote his product as being superior over the other manufactuers, by making negative statements, which he has no right in doing in the first place..this forum is designed for us members, who need advice and recommendations, concerning aftermarket products for our vehicles, and not for vendors to use as a place to promote or market their products down everybody's throat, and in the second place, John did bring all of this on himself, when the question about Steeda's participation in the cold air shootout, was directed to me and not him, by another member..He had no business nor the right to go over my head, like he did and John should have allowed me to handle the members questions, concerning as to whether or not Steeda had taken part, in the shootout. but once again, John took full advantage of this situation, to once again, use this forum, as a means to advertise his product, by only telling his side of the story, that Steeda was not involved in the shootout, but did he explain why Bigcat ??? No of course not..John's only concern was, tell you, his side.. and you know something else.. he also had the nerve to go behind my back, after he knew that I had already conducted my own investigation with Steeda, in which I did..and if you read Dr. Meyer's post..it confirms what I said all along, and that was that Steeda never received any invitation, to take place in the shootout, However according to John, he sure made it out to look as though, Steeda had something to hide or cover up, by making it look as though Steeda was deliberatly attempting to avoid, sending a reply, to participate in the shootout, when in fact..Steeda did absoluetly nothing wrong, to begin with. As for requesting to see a copy of Dr. meyer's e-mail..yes I wanted proof, in black and white, for one reason and one reason only..so that I wouldn't look like a complete fool, while confronting Steeda, during my investigation, in order to determine, exactly why and as to what reasons Steeda had, for not taking place in the shootout..So yes everything I've stated is a true statement Bigcat, and if you still wish to not take my word for it..by all means read each post on pages 1 and 2 both, and you'll see for yourself, just exactly what I mean..The bottom line is this, if I wanted John's opinion about his system, I would have asked him for it on this thread, but the fact is..I was seeking an opinion and recommendation, from my fellow stangnet members, concerning the Steeda CAI only.. and just remember who hijacked who's thread, in the first place, before you take sides..

please dont flame me for this post, i am just trying to understand your reply.

i am not taking sides. i feel that the forums are for open discussion. i am sorry if you felt that john hyjacked your thread. it seems as if the two of you have had other problems that i am unaware of (not that that matters to me). personally, i like it when a company takes the time to check the forums and discuss thier products. was this the proper thread for demolet to do that? thats not for me to say.

like i said before, i dont have an opinion good or bad of any company mentioned in this thread. seems as if you didnt get much of the information you were looking for in this thread. i can only hope that this thread can manage to get back on topic and produce meaningful information for everyone.

:cheers:

bigcat said:
i am not taking sides. i feel that the forums are for open discussion. i am sorry if you felt that john hyjacked your thread. it seems as if the two of you have had other problems that i am unaware of (not that that matters to me). personally, i like it when a company takes the time to check the forums and discuss thier products. was this the proper thread for demolet to do that? thats not for me to say.

like i said before, i dont have an opinion good or bad of any company mentioned in this thread. seems as if you didnt get much of the information you were looking for in this thread. i can only hope that this thread can manage to get back on topic and produce meaningful information for everyone.

:cheers:
Actually Bigcat, John and I are online friends, or at least I was led to believe so, however there's a very huge difference in when a company takes the time, to discuss their products as opposed to using these forums as an advantage to advertise their products for personal gain, at the expense of putting the other company's products down, by making neagtive claims that are not true as I had mentioned earlier about certain people who only concern themselves by telling you only their side, or in this case what that person feels he only wants you to know..As for the statement Dr. Meyer claimed that I pressed or pressured John into revealing the e-mail that he had you forward, this is also not true...I asked him to furnish it, so that I would have some form of proof to verify, while conducting my investigation with Steeda..And as I also mentioned earlier, if John had not provoked any of this, in the first place..none of this mess would have taken place, to begin with, also I have nothing against open discussions nor friendly debates, however when it comes down to finger pointing or personally attacking a member, for just stating an opinion, then in this case John was way out of line, and he knows exactly what I'm talking about here, as for any past problems with John..I can't say nor recall of any, that I'm aware of, but all I'm trying to point out here is this, don't put down another company's product, just for the sole purpose, of boosting you're own product, at their expense. and I believe that even you can see for yourself, the kind of damaging results, that it can produce..and if you read one of my previous posts in this thread, I had also mentioned that we all need to get back on track, as well... So I hope, this finally puts this issue to rest once and for all.. Anyway, I thank you for all you're concern Bigcat.... Rocky P.

My product name was mentioned as one of the choices being debated. I simply came on to debate the plastic vs. metal.

In my opinion I think most companies debate whether to send a product for evaluation : 'who's dynoing, what type dyno, do they sell a competitors product, etc.. I simply verified whether a post about the shootout was accurate.

J DeMolet said:
My product name was mentioned as one of the choices being debated. I simply came on to debate the plastic vs. metal.

In my opinion I think most companies debate whether to send a product for evaluation : 'who's dynoing, what type dyno, do they sell a competitors product, etc.. I simply verified whether a post about the shootout was accurate.
And once again, you completly misunderstood my purpose for opening this thread..When I had mentioned in my original post, about any of the products that I had listed as choices being debated..What I meant by the word (debating) was that I was having a difficult time in deciding, as to which product to choose..I did not ask nor invite any debate, concerning the issue of plastic vs metal, and if you had taken the time to read, the entire post..I had also mentioned that all of the systems I was considering, were all very good products..My main and only reason for considering the Steeda system, is because of their connection and partnership with Ford, and was also informed by my local Ford dealer, that if I purchase the Steeda system, along with their pro calibration tuner through them and allow a Ford technician to install it..they will not void my factory and extended warranty, therefore my reasons John had absolutely nothing to do with anything technical, in basing my decision, and I made that quite clear, from the very beginning, As for performing an independent evaluation, I also had mentioned in a previous post that I've spoken with an SCT Tuner who has assured me, that as soon as he has an open spot available, he will perform the dyno testing..And when I have his results.. I will post them, it may be another week or 2 before he's able to complete the testing, he also mentioned that he's really busy doing custom tunning for some of his regular customers right now.. And as for the verification, about the post concerning as to whether or not Steeda's participation in the shootout was accurate ??? All you provided, was only the part about not being at the shootout, not once did you bother to mention as to any of the reasons why, However thanks to my investigation and most of all, thanks to Dr. Meyer, we now all know the complete full story, and this is the last and final time, that I'm going to defend myself, concerning my position on this thread, therefore if you or anybody else wishes to debate this post any furthur, then find somebody else to argue with..I have nothing more to defend, and I'll say this again.. Bottom Line, my only purpose for opening this thread, was to seek any opinions from any forum members, that own the Steeda CAI, and whether or not they like the product..I didn't ask nor do I care as to who's product is superior or better than anybody else's and I especially didn't invite a debate, concerning the plastic vs. metal issue either.. Otherwise, I would have brought it up, myself..End of story :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.