Steelies On A Fox

BlackTopDown

Aug 19, 2016
I found it remarkable how few people put dirt track racing steelies on foxbodies! I only found one other person to ever do it, he's a member on here but i dont remember his name. Anyways, there aren't alot of available steelies for the 4 lug bolt pattern but thankfully i was able to find some on summit. They're bart steelies, the only ones(steelies) that come up when you narrow it down to 15 inch wheels on the 4 lug bolt pattern; i dont remember their name. Only problem was, they only had wheels with 4 inches of backspacing and not five. I was really bummed knowing that would be an issue for fitment, but i decided to take the chance. The fromt wheels i got are 15x7 with 4 inches of backspacing with 225/50/15s on them, no clearence problems yet but they may look a little too wide for some people. The backs are 15x8 with 4 inches of backspacing with 255/60/15s on them. This is where the problem enlies. The edge of the tire is right about lined up with the outer lip of the rear fender. Thats a no-no. Luckily i did some digging and found someone else who ran into this problem using 4 inches of back spacing, and he resolved the fender hitting the tire by buying an air bag kit that goes in the back springs to make them more stiffer, thus not causing it to hit. I got the same kit he did but i havent installed it yet, if anyone would like the part number i can give it to them. Here are som pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 1,039
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 936
  • Sponsors (?)