steering column option (outside the box thinking)

slepe67

Mar 30, 2005
I was looking at my steering column the other day, lying in the corner of the garage. Then it hit me. Since I am building a race car (more or less), why not use some aftermarket hi-po stuff, like this? Anyone us this stuff?

steering column:
Sweet Collapsible Steering Column, 22-1/2"-32"

steering kit:
Speedway Steering Kit

I am just thinking here...its either figure out a way to rebuild my existing steering column, or go with something different. I am not sure if this can be used with the Mustang steering box.

Thanks, again, I'm just brainstorming. I'll have to finish a lot of body work before I can even THINK of this bit yet...

• Sponsors (?)

You could absolutely do that if you got a '68 box. If you find a '68 Cougar or Mustang, if you get one complete, you can just bring all of that over to your car. Real simple.

A '68 column in a '65 has not been quite so easy.

You could absolutely do that if you got a '68 box. If you find a '68 Cougar or Mustang, if you get one complete, you can just bring all of that over to your car. Real simple.

A '68 column in a '65 has not been quite so easy.

what's the difference between the 68 and 67? Can I use my 67 box aas a core for a 68?

Oh, and a steering quickener is like having a close ratio steering box. You turn the wheels once, and the quickner makes the wheels turn like you turned the steering wheel twice. Catch me? I kinda confused myself on that one....