steering problems

• Sponsors (?)

I bet the fluid is black as heck. I know mine was. I changed mine out about 5 times and it looks good ans is much less nosiy now. Took ablut 5 quarts of fluid total.

All i did was take off the upper connector on the rack and let it drain into a pan. then I would re-fill the resivour a couple times. re-connect the line and refill the system. drive a few hundred miles and repeat. the first times i was amazed at the metallic junk that came out of my PS system. Now it has been about 5k miles since the last change and the fluid is still red.

Chris

94-302-vert said:
I bet the fluid is black as heck. I know mine was. I changed mine out about 5 times and it looks good ans is much less nosiy now. Took ablut 5 quarts of fluid total.

All i did was take off the upper connector on the rack and let it drain into a pan. then I would re-fill the resivour a couple times. re-connect the line and refill the system. drive a few hundred miles and repeat. the first times i was amazed at the metallic junk that came out of my PS system. Now it has been about 5k miles since the last change and the fluid is still red.

Chris

yea it is solid black, i'll have to try that. is there any way to do kind of like a transmission flush deal with it...have a tub of fluid and put one end of the hose in that to suck it up, and then have a different end of a hose on the back of the system spitting out the old fluid?

I don't know about that. I have alos had luck with putting a car on jackstands and turning the wheel lock to lock as the fluid is going through. I did that on my truck in the past but not on the car (go figure).

Either way it is cheap and painless jsut takes a while. I haighly suggest getting ramps if you do not already have them.

Chris