steering problems

stevesLX

Nov 12, 2006
cincinnati
O.K. most guys like a responsive steering system. My steering is to responsive. What I mean is if you move the wheel to the left or to the right a 1/2 inch you will change 2 lanes like right now and the wheel feels super lose. The car still has the rag joint in it. It had another rag joint in it when I bought the car and when I swapped racks out I had picked up a used rack from a guy and his rag joint looked to be in better shape than mine so I swapped it over with the rack. So I have had 2 differn't rag joints in this car and the steering still reponds the same way. The car has tilt steering and something else I noticed is you can move the wheel up and down a little bit. It appears if its doing that at the tilt pivot point. I dont know if I need to replace the column or replace the shaft or what. I called a couple of places and each guy tells you something differn't. The one guy tells me that fords are notorious for the columns going out in them all the bushings and stuff. They want 500.00 for a rebuilt column. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)