steering rack limiter

habiv

Oct 28, 2004
I recently put new wheels on my 90 GT and I noticed that the wheels rub at full lock. I bought a couple steering rack limiters to correct this. I looked up directions on the internet and it says to turn the steering all the way to the right and put one clip on. Then turn the steering all the way to the left and put another clip on. Do I need to put both clips on? I was under the impression when I bought them that I might only have to use one, but I bought two just in case I needed it.

• Sponsors (?)

Do I need to turn the steering wheel to the left or right when I put it on...or does it not matter? Here is the link to the directions I saw.

Steering Rack Limiters

The directions you have in the link you posted are very good. I can't add anything to them but to get under the car and do it. You'll see how it fits once you have the rubber dust boots peeled back. Just be sure to use some good jackstands.

The directions you have in the link you posted are very good. I can't add anything to them but to get under the car and do it. You'll see how it fits once you have the rubber dust boots peeled back. Just be sure to use some good jackstands.

But my question is...do I have to turn the steering wheel to the right or the left, or does it not matter? Can I leave the steering wheel strait? In the link it says to first turn the wheel to the right and then put the clip on. Then, turn the wheel to the left and put the second clip on. If I am only using one clip, which direction do i have to turn the steering wheel, or does it not matter?