steering wheel audio controls on 2011

AvalancheSVT

10 Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
maybe the 05-09 guys can answer this too. i want a base model V6 but the base model steering wheel is lame. the easy thing to do would be to swap a GT500 or premium leather wrapped wheel on BUT those come with the audio controls.

if someone did this would they then have a nice looking steering wheel with audio controls that wouldn't work or has someone done this swap and discovered that the wonderful world of mass production has allowed for a plug and play deal?

i really dont want to drop 3K on a premium for leather seats i dont want just to get a steering wheel. anybody?

• Sponsors (?)

I've seen another post about this, but I can't find it at the moment (and I don't recall if it was here or over at mustang.forums). I seem to recall it had to do with the stereo type as well, but I could be wrong.

after checking out the premium im goin with that. the difference in the interior is night and day. the base model is good if you can't spring for the premium but DANG if the premium isn't a HUGE step up. my buddy with a loaded 370Z was talkin about how he had to pay like 10K more for the same options.

after checking out the premium im goin with that. the difference in the interior is night and day. the base model is good if you can't spring for the premium but DANG if the premium isn't a HUGE step up. my buddy with a loaded 370Z was talkin about how he had to pay like 10K more for the same options.

Good move. The cost will be worth it in the long run in both your satisfaction and resale value.

Greg

Good move. The cost will be worth it in the long run in both your satisfaction and resale value.

Greg

yeah and i seriously dont get the gripe about the engine sound VS the V8. the 5.0 obviously sounds better but honestly the 3.7 sounds better than every previous GT. the thing is MEAN sounding STOCK and its the dang base model!

ford finally made the mustang good great and awesome with its 3 models. my friends are so sick of hearing about it already.