steering wheel position

01PONY

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
I just picked up a '92 LX hatch 4 cyl. This is the 4th one I've had. I also still have a '93, same car. This '92 the steering wheel seems to point downward. I can barely squeeze my leg between the seat and the wheel. Never had this problem before. The '93 is no problem. Is there some kind of adjustment or something to move the wheel up a little? Maybe a way to lower the seat? I know the air bag foxes don't have a tilt wheel, so I can't even change the column for a tilt. I do want to keep the airbag. I looked at a bunch of pics of 90-93 foxes (ebay, craigslist) and none of them aim like mine.

• Sponsors (?)

I just picked up a '92 LX hatch 4 cyl. This is the 4th one I've had. I also still have a '93, same car. This '92 the steering wheel seems to point downward. I can barely squeeze my leg between the seat and the wheel. Never had this problem before. The '93 is no problem. Is there some kind of adjustment or something to move the wheel up a little? Maybe a way to lower the seat? I know the air bag foxes don't have a tilt wheel, so I can't even change the column for a tilt. I do want to keep the airbag. I looked at a bunch of pics of 90-93 foxes (ebay, craigslist) and none of them aim like mine.

Some pictures may help, but it really shouldn't be adjustable in any way...

I would make sure nothing is loose or bent in the steering column. Are the seats and tracks factory pieces? Maybe you are sitting up higher in them or something...