Brakes Steering Wobble

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Bob Hughes, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Bob Hughes

Bob Hughes Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I've been scratching my head on this one for a while finally addressing it. My car has had a slight wobble upon initial braking pretty much since I bought it, never gotten worse. It starts under initial braking and as you increase braking pressure it goes away. I've just replaced pads and rotors all around. Just did front hubs both sides ball joints and tie rod ends a seem good. New rims and tires as well. I'm starting to wonder if I have a sluggish front caliper and its not pinching the pad square.....thoughts?
  2. joshjwc9

joshjwc9 Active Member

Either do aluminum rack bushings or urethane ones..you'll kiss yourself when finished.

I noticed it before urethane bushings, and that all but eliminates it (although I had a MM steering shaft put on too.)
  3. Bob Hughes

Bob Hughes Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Thanks I just ordered pretty much everything for the front end. Inner tie rods, tie rod ends, ball joints, poly rack bushings, and all sway bar bushings
  4. cobrabuck

cobrabuck New Member

Just curious, did you put the new tires and rims on at the same time you did the brakes?
  5. Bob Hughes

Bob Hughes Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    No different times. It literally has been doing it for 2 years and was so minute I never bothered with it. Ended up being passenger side hub bearing. Wiggle is gone. I bought every suspension piece for the front end going to order new struts next week and completely redo front end at one time and I have lifetime alignments. Rather be ahead of problems then one leave me stranded