Stereo recommendation

fox-gt

Feb 28, 2004
TN
I am thinking about replacing my CD player. I currently have a Sony CDX-5470 (Picture). I am looking for one with thumb drive support , MP3 CD support and maybe iPod hookups. The main thing it has to be able to do is handle vibration. My car vibrates like hell and I don't want one that skips. Any recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

i love the pioneers ive had, a 1400 in the truck, a 3700mp in the old lx, and a 3800mp in the gt, great fm reception, no skips whatsoever, even on rough stuff (and the truck gets plenty of ruff stuff, it never slows down for speed bumps or rail tracks, nor does it skip). only bad thing about em is the random feature isnt random when you push the next track button.

my 600 dollar premier pioneer is the ****nat.. i've had it in 4 or 5 different cars all with different speaker setups and it sounded awesome.. its about 7 years old now, but im still getting my money out of it.. thing is wicked lol

i have always been a pioneer guy myself but I went and got this sony that I saw 3-4 years ago when i worked at Best Buy. I really like the 2-know "retro" look it has.. also matches billet pieces really well. It also raises the face down and a tray pops out to set the cd on just like a computer lol

and you cant beat mp3 capability.....If i were to get a new one, id look into that HD radio....has my curiosity

View attachment 390677
View attachment 390678

Personally, I don't like sony products at all. Pioneer head-units have great radio reception, but it doesn't sound like he's doing much listening to the radio. Kenwood would be another brand to look at, but until we get a price range, we can't really give a specific head-unit.

My sony unit is cool looking and all, but it skips like hell and my car rumbles a bit just at idle and when I do hard shifts and bumps it likes to skip. So I don't use the cd player feature much. So sounds like the general consensus is Pioneer and Alpine. Cool. Thanks fellas.

pioneer, KenWood, And Alpine Are My Fav's.. And I Buy the Heck out of all there Products... But for my Mustang.. Since i'd Much Rather Listen to the Sound Of The Car ( Better then Any Radio Station, Or Cd). My Mustang Will ForEver REMAIN With a Stock Radio... Im Not Giving Anyone a ReaSon To Break into My Car.. Sure Full Coverage that i DO have Will Cover any Damage and Stolen Goods.. The Only thing i Leave in my Car Over a long Period Of Time is Change in the Ash Tray.. And I only Do that Cuz My Ashtray Door Is Still intact.. Just IMO: Our Car are already Targets To Steal Anyways.. And I Deal with that, IM ADDing a Kill Swith SOON! a After Market Radio And Or AMP/Speakers, Only Gives Some MoRoN a Reason To Steal From Us.. IM Not Typeing this To talk any-one out of Doing anything, But i GRew up On 12" Subs 1100 Watt Amps And The Dopest Head units... But they wont Reach My Mustang.. <--( the only thing in Life i Chairish).. Just My opinion..

You know what, I'm heading out there in about a month to see my sister. She wants me to think of some things to do. Any ideas?

When i was 19 i got a wild hair up my arse and sold everything i owned and took a bus t SF. There are tons of bums, but there's so many kick ass things there that i can't begin to describe it. Hit up Market street....WALK, don't take trollies and taxis...you'll see a lot.