stick to auto ?'s

robbo1987*2.3*

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
varina, va
heres the scoop i have two 88 coupes, one is my beater/sleeper form hell trust me she is an ugly car, no rust though lol, just been beat on literally ive lost a hood on it and so has the little bro. thats the one thats in my sig

the other one is pristeen:nice: white, grey gt interior, all 5.0 brakes/spindles , turbo 4 with light work, you know the nice car that you slowly work on

i have a shortage of t-5's and im on the search for a c-4, but i have an auto out of an 84/85 turbo coupe that has a fresh rebuild( paper work with it) that we got out of a totalled turbocoupe( not hit hard just fender bender front and back) i know that its shorter than the auto that camme outta my buddies 93 hatch 4cyl anyways he says that the tranny doesnt have any electrical plugs on it i thought for sure it did anyways what would i have to do to get it to work in my car will the ecu matter??? if there is no electrical i cant imagine why it would and if it does matter do i have to have the ecu outta the t-bird???

i have always had stick cars so i dont have a clue as you can tell i just want a cruiser and i think a turbo with an auto would be cool for a cruiser i got the beater car to go fast in

• Sponsors (?)

I think your automatic transmission in question is probably a C3, which is a 3speed with no OD. That would explain why there are no electrical connectors and it is shorter than the A4ld which came in the 87-88 TC and the 87+ mustangs. You should be able to run it with a 5sp computer without any problems.
BTW, the A4ld is just a C3 with an overdrive gear. The C3 will be similarly weak, so even though it is fresh, it may not last well if you are making over 200hp. Remember that ford reduced the power of the turbocoupes to 160 or less when equipted with and automatic transmission. If you want to help it survive, a shift kit and BIG external transmission cooler will help.

kool

thats good to know thanks i had planned on the big external cooler for sure and the motor will be pretty much stock maybe 12 lbs on a t3, full 3 inch to the axle, intake, front mount, the basics ya know nuthing outragous.

ill put it in and drive it and see what it does another question and i cant remember if i asked yet or not so ill ask again

my lil brother has a auto 5.0 and he wants a 5 speed swap his aod has a shift kit and an aftermarket converter in it ( its blue, and smaller than a stock converter thats all i know bout it) how would that do in the car with the adapter plate. electronics????? i dunno i can build a mustang outta just a shell but i am lost on the tranny things like i said i hever never dealt with autos in my car lol sorry and input aprecciated:nice:

robbo