Still A Low Rpm Jerk And Miss

from6to8

There's suction so I used that end O_O
15 Year Member
Sep 2, 2012
all of my maintenance is up to date and the last thing I did was reset the idle. After I reset the idle I unplugged neg battery cable for bout 15 mns. One guy said since I did that all of my settings I just did with the idle setting would have been for nothing. Is that really so? Ford Racing procedure called for unplugging the battery cable for 5-15 mins then plug IAC back up then neg battery cable.

seems like if the idle is set and the car is switched off and set tps, if you take off neg battery cable how is that going to change anything that you just set lol? It should just clear what the previous settings were right?

My car's issue now is jerking at low rpms and seeming to not crank as strong, sort of like its flooding or something, or either getting too much fuel or not enough. Thing is the car drives strong if I get all into it. Did koeo and koer tests and didn't get anything few wks ago. Car sits there and idles at about 900 but when leaving the yard or cruising down a dirt road it jerks and idles about 750 then when take off has a little miss/jerk till I take off.

• Sponsors (?)