still have same issue

97gsr

May 4, 2005
Computer Issue?

I am still working on tracing down the mysterious problem. The reason why i am asking is because i have been working on the same problem on and off for almost a year now. The problem that i am having started off as a random miss fire that wouldn't happen all of the time only once in a great while. now it is all the time. I did pull all of the codes and am sure that i have fixed them. I also changed the injectors thinking that they may be the problem. while i had the intake off i ohmed all of the wires in the white and black connectors. Yet when i put it all back together it has not changed. since i can access the #1 cyl i pulled off the injector connector, tested it w/ a noid light and it flashes. I also switched the plug w/ a cylinder that is firing and it still runs the same. I look at the computer and notice that it is not a 9al and wondering if it could be that. or possible internal motor problem? when i take a reading or the cylinders #1,2,3,8 are all around 130 degrees and 4,5,6,7 are all around 400degrees all readings are taken from the header where it is welded to the flange. I am getting rather frustrated and thinking of just selling the car. any input would be great!

• Sponsors (?)

Could you give a link to the previous thread (I assume there is one)? I want to see what you've done so far...

If it were my car I'd be tripping the inertia switch behind the tail light and doing a compression test just for my own sanity, and because it has gotten progressively worse. If you have compression then it's a fuel or a fire issue. Either of those could be computer related.

If you've been on it a year though we need to know what's been done thus far.

so far in the past in have chased down a o2 ground problem, put new cap,rotor, coil and plugs, and as of today new injectors which i replaced with the same that i took out. the motor only has around 1500 miles on it since it was rebuilt 2 years ago. the car ran fine till this time last year. i have done many compression checks and all cylinders are within 10psi of each other. i also ohm'd all of the wires and they seen to be getting good spark and while i had the upper intake off i checked the injectors to see if they were firing w/ the noid light. the car has all of the emessions taken off including an egr delete.

What is the label on the computer say it is? Using a non HO computer with an engine with an HO cam will cause some strange problems since the injectors would fire out of sequence.

just some things that have caused a rough idle for me in the past...

cold air intake- maf was getting the turbulent air from the fan
bad wire- A wire was almost eaten in half going to my solonoid. Everytime I turned the motor on the vibration of the motor would make it lose connection
vacuum leaks- Are you sure that all of the lines are plugged up from the smog delete?
tps
iab
distributor
dirty maf

:shrug:

yes i have checked all of them and am sure all of the lines are correctly plugged. i also have a direct line going to a fuse block and i am getting battery voltage. the problem started last year and would happen once in a while now it is all of the time. it is also across the whole rpm range. some cylinders are hot and some are cold. still not sure where to go.