still missing/studdering. HELP!

orange97

Jan 23, 2003
NC near Charlotte
I've posted this same question before, took heed to the advice, and still... no luck. My 97 bucks and misses and studders at any kind of a bind on the engine. (ie. heavy acceleration, or just puttin the peddal to the floor at 55 in 5th.) I dont know what to do... I've... changed the plugs (twice), added MSD wires, CHanged TPS sensor, changed MAF sensor, changed coil packs, and am runnin out of time and patience... then I pulled my codes and got a P1445. this has to do with the purge valve. So i replaced it. NO luck... and the code still comes up. What now? could a pinched line cause this? or is it sometihng else... I'm desperate now. If i can't soon find it out , I guess I'll be droppin it off at ford... and watch my pockets really empty out. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! I'm runnin out of ideas. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

It couldn't hurt to change the fuel filter out and clean up the throttle body assembly..... :shrug: .....does it just keep spitting codes?? How long have you had it? I would take it to Ford and have them "diagnose" it for you so all you have to pay is that charge and you can do the work yourself if its something simple or figure out where you can take it for cheaper work.

orange97 said:
also there are no issues at idle. everythings fine as long as it doesn't get put under a load :shrug:
That is when the adjustment would be critical is when it is under load. If it is close then it might fall too far out under load... maybe? I am only offering this explanation because I chased it on one of my cars for a while. I fixed/found it when I changed out the timing belt and had to remove the pickup to get the belt off. When I looked up the correct gap for reinstallation I noticed that it was closer than what I remember it being when I pulled it off.

Not to mention that the pick up might just be bad too. How many miles do you have on it?

Bo

asthmaticZeater said:
front o2 sensors. i garauntee it. i had the same problem this past fall and wen through changing everything you said youve changed. ended up being the front o2 sensors. :nice:
I can see the fuel still being the issue. That was my first thought was something to do with the fuel supply. But, as things went, it reminded me of my wife's rice burner. If fuel is there but spark aint, you get this response. If spark is there but fuel aint then you get this response. I am curious!

Bo