Stock 86-93 HO intake to 94/95 issues

cobra1923

May 6, 2005
Baltimore
I picked up an extrude honed stock 5.0 fox body intake to put on my "low buck" 95 project. I'm getting an elbow adaptor, will I need to do anthing else with the internal Fox EGR system? The elbow should block off the internal intake portion of the EGR so I'm thinking everything should hook up using the stock 95 TB. I searched through the forums and can only find Edelbrock/ Trick Flow and Cobra fox swaps. Nothing on if the stockers will work.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the response, I think if I remember correctly, the fox egr bolted to the egr spacer that the coolant lines ran through. I am thinking that I can just ditch the egr spacer. However, that spacer was like 2 inches thick, I am wondering if I will need to fab a spacer to put the elbow in the correct location or the elbow and TB will be in the correct location without the egr spacer?

No need to worry about the EGR plate at all. Aftermarket 5.0 intakes have been built to use the Fox style EGR, or use an elbow adaptor for the SN95. The elbow adaptor blocks off the internal passages in the intake, so nothing to be concerned about. Good luck! :D

Thanks for the response, I think if I remember correctly, the fox egr bolted to the egr spacer that the coolant lines ran through. I am thinking that I can just ditch the egr spacer. However, that spacer was like 2 inches thick, I am wondering if I will need to fab a spacer to put the elbow in the correct location or the elbow and TB will be in the correct location without the egr spacer?
If the stock 93-older intake has the egr built into the snout (pretty sure it does), adding the elbow is going to make everything come up short. The throttle cable, cruise control cable, and what ever else needs to reach the bracket on the elbow. The aftermarket intakes don't have the built in egr so adding the elbow is no problem (everything aligns and reaches). Your best bet is to convert to the fox TB system. GT Jake did a write up on how to. good luck.

No need to worry about the EGR plate at all. Aftermarket 5.0 intakes have been built to use the Fox style EGR, or use an elbow adaptor for the SN95. The elbow adaptor blocks off the internal passages in the intake, so nothing to be concerned about. Good luck! :D

+1 It should work without any concerns without the egr spacer if you put the egr spacer on then the elbow adapter you'll run into clearance issues with the strut tower and elbow.

The 93 cobra intake has the egr spacer built into the upper intake itself and will not work that way.