Stock Bolt sizes for Strut tower Brace

• Sponsors (?)

I made my own strut tower brace for my car last year in a welding class I was taking. When I needed bolts, I was having the same problem you are having. I ended up calling Steeda, telling them I had bought a used Steeda strut tower brace from someone with no bolts. He asked what year/make/model, then sent me out a set of bolts. I think it was $11.

I used 1 1/4" seamless d.o.m. tubing with a .095" wall for the main tube and 1" seamless d.o.m. tubing, also .095" wall for the tubes going back to the firewall. For the mounting plates I used 3/8" plate steel, and a piece of 1/2" angle iron for the firewall mounting plate. Here are a couple pics of it:

Car%20Show%207-3-05%201.jpg

STB%201.jpg

top notch work, I am nightshift foreman at our Fab shop, i am sure materials are no problem, I can cnc pretty much anything like that.....if you wouldn't mind i would love some closer pics, i was considering cutting the mounting brackets off of my stock one, and using them and just routing the tubing around intake etc ......if you don't mind sharing more info etc. you can e-mail me or i will mail you ........ [email protected]

jason

ps..... sorry for the O-T stuff

Koniz said:
IF you anyone could tell me the stock bolt sizes for the strut tower brace I would appreciate it I lost my old bolts Thanks

Not a clue. Take your car to a ace hardware and try some bolts until your figure out which ones they are. They could be metric for all I know, or NC or NF.... i think they are 5/16 NC but that is just a guess.
Scott