Stock Bottom End 1/4 mile times.

• Sponsors (?)

+1 on that 25th.

MY buddy owns a fab shop and they build badass cars there. His personal car was a notch with a stock bottom end, HCI Blower 14PSI and race gas. MAde over 500RWHP and he ran it all season long like that.

He then started not caring, and wanted to see what it could do with pump gas. He put some in and street raced this guy and he blew a headgasket. He continued to race and blew it up. Didn't bust the block though.

Well, i wouldn't say a dime a dozen but around here there are quite a few 10 second cars to say the least. Yeah, you're on borrowed time, but i don't think longevity was the question here :D

That wasen't the question, clearly I know they wont last long. Know for a fact there are stock block turbo cars that have been 9.40's and can think of at least 15 off the top of my head that have been 9's, and A LOT in the DEEP 10's.

a friend of mine (raceoholic330 on here) pumps 14psi with methanol injection into his stock bottom-ended 88 GT. last i knew it put down ~540 to the wheels and with the stock T5 it went 11.4x on i beleive street tires or maybe drag radials i forget. the bottom end was recently re-ringed and bearinged but is still original parts now backed by a 3550 and a re-done rear but i dont know if it has been run with the recent upgrades. should easily go in the 10's with traction

That wasen't the question, clearly I know they wont last long. Know for a fact there are stock block turbo cars that have been 9.40's and can think of at least 15 off the top of my head that have been 9's, and A LOT in the DEEP 10's.

Yup. There's even a handful in the 9s with not only a stock shortblock but E7s and a stock cam. Take a look around theturboforums. Turbos=:hail2: Yeah, it's asking for trouble, but a few of them have been together for years with hundreds of track and street passes.

CT has some fast cars up here...

:D

I know a LOT of stock block 9-10 second cars. They might be retarded, but they also go to the track, run 9s and 10s and have WAY more fun then those of us here not doing it.

Because it's cheaper to go to a junk yard and spend a 100 bux on a factory bottom end then to spend 5 grand on a bullet proof one.
Plus there's the bragging rites of using a stock bottom end.
There having fun, but on weekends only. R they using those 9-10 seconds cars on the road to drive to work. No they are hard core racers that know what they r doing. :shrug:

Not sure what this debate is about?

No they dont't spend a lot of money, No they don't drive them to work, Yes maybe they are a little retarded, No actually the guys I know don't brag about the block one bit, don't care too. I would assume most guys who are putting out 400-500-600 hp are only driving the cars on nice days and racing them every so often. You will see less 600 hp daily drivers than you will 10 second stock block cars, that I can assure.

Noones debating a stock block is better than an aftermarket one, that would in itself be retarded. What he asked (or seemed too) was how fast people have gone with them, and thats what I and a few others are sharing? Maybe I misread the post somewhere but thats what I thought this was about, no?

Guess I just cant follow some of these threads when they turn from asking a question into a debate about being retarded...

Retarded?

Not at all. That just proves that somebody knows how to build an awesome upper half and has mad tuning skills. The only thing that will break a block is poor tuning and lack of octane. Octane and the tune is key to longevity.