Stock Foxbody Worth?

Ant85

Jul 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
I found a '90 gt, manual, sunroof, 106k miles. It was garage kept mostly. Only thing it needs is the hood fixed. He changed the battery in it and didn't latch the hood and ended up driving. The hood came up and it doesn't latch properly and has a huge dent. He's asking 4500. No mods at all. Interior looks very nice and besides the hood the body is in great shape. I found some modded ones for the same price or less, but id rather start with a stock or close to stock as possible. Does 4500 sound fair?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a Carfax account, but I got the history from Auto Check. Shows it as a 1 owner, the mileage was only reported once and that was at 2008 with exactly 93,000. It also says a lien was reported at that time. All of the dates are in the same city. It just shows registration renewal. Nothing else. Should I look further into this? or would Carfax show the same?

Also, just now found out. The cowl vent is messed up from the hood, and also the side metal supports(not sure what you would call it?) One side looks fine, but the other side is not straight anymore... Doesn't the windshield have to be removed to fix that? How much would that cost at a body shop?

pass on that car. the cowl panel will be pricey to repair correctly. By the time you factor in welding/metal work and paint you could have purchased another car.

Here's a picture

Attachments

• 0723131704d.jpg
    0723131704d.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 170
Only way I'd buy a car that needed work like that is if I got it cheap. $4K is prob what I'd pay without needing that repair, so I'd need to get that car for $2500-3000 for me to consider it.

Only way I'd buy a car that needed work like that is if I got it cheap. $4K is prob what I'd pay without needing that repair, so I'd need to get that car for $2500-3000 for me to consider it.
Tru dat! Take some more pics and take them to a body shop. If they can fix it easy then cool. If not pass. Either way the price just went down at least 1500.