stock fuel pump ok with 24lbers & H/I/C?

• Sponsors (?)

How in the world did you get a GT40 upper to work with a stock lower? The runner shapes are entirely different.

Sorry - can't help you with your fuel pump question. Although I always find it amusing that my stock Volvo fuel pump designed for a 122 cubic inch Volvo 4 cyl. will support 300-400HP without changing anything. Overdesigned I guess.

Stock on top, GT40/Cobra on the bottom.......

fa34dbb9.jpg

Michael Yount said:
If it's a GT40 upper, it's a GT40 lower; same lower is shared by the GT40, Cobra and Explorer uppers.

well im positive the upper is a GT40, theyre easy to spot. ill take pictures tomorrow :)
but bottom. cant tell :shrug:
unless it just wont fit the stock lower.

Michael Yount said:
staticc - see the pics above - the stock and GT40 pieces don't mix; if you've got the GT40 upper, you've got the GT40 lower too.

i wouldnt doubt whoever had my car before me of mixing the two.
they were dumb enough to not match the cylinder numbers on the sparkplug wires. so the lengths were all wrong. and he burned many of the boots. one is just beind held together by duct tape..... not to mention he tied them up with plastic ties.. tieing 4 plug wires as close as possibly = :notnice:

oh well. i redid them all when i got it. and im ordering a whole new ignition system and 24s... ill take care of this car the right way :D

It's psychically impossible to mount a GT40 upper to a Stock lower, unless he made some kind of adapter, which would just be morally wrong and defeat the purpose of having a GT40 Upper, If you are positive you have a GT40 upper, then you DEFINATELY have the GT40 lower as well, period.