stock gt fuel basket question

orangemachine

Apr 5, 2007
pa
I might be able to get my hands on a 03/04 cobra twin pump assembly hat with dual focus pumps in it. Here is my question. I have a single SVT focus pump now, so all I would have to do is remove my stock hat and replace it with the 03/04 hat? What about the basket? Do I complete remove the stock GT basket from my tank completely or do I need to drop the 03/04 twin pump assembly in the basket?

Thanks much.

• Sponsors (?)

I might be able to get my hands on a 03/04 cobra twin pump assembly hat with dual focus pumps in it. Here is my question. I have a single SVT focus pump now, so all I would have to do is remove my stock hat and replace it with the 03/04 hat? What about the basket? Do I complete remove the stock GT basket from my tank completely or do I need to drop the 03/04 twin pump assembly in the basket?

Thanks much.

there is plastic inside the GT tank that holds the bucket , you will have to break all that out of there with your hands (not easy) make sure you dont leave any floating pieces in the tank and then 2 metal tabs at the bottom of the tank will need to be bent down flat with a hammer and screwdriver , once you do that you can simply drop the cobra hat and pumps into the GT tank , just make sure you stay over 1/4 tank of gas at all times .......