Mach 1 Stock Mach 1 Vs stock LS1

2000RamAir said:
i have a stock 2000 WS6 with the A4 auto. and stock at 1,800 above sea level it runs 13.2 and 13.3 all day. i never did anything to this car.

this car also has the stock 3:23 gears and aluminum drive shaft.and the WS6 has a different cam then the regular z-28 and trans am plus the camaro SS is .02 tens slower then the WS6 . plus them other guys got 2:93 gears. and they dont have ram air.

now when you talk about LS1 ,the GTO has 350HP and the vette has 345HP.

Don't get me wrong im a great lover of mustangs i had a 99LX 5.0 convertable (green and black top) and a 99GT. both in the 14,s

as far as handling goes a WS6 Trans Am will kill any mustang in handling. WS6 is a motor and suspension package. regular Z i would bet on the mach

and may i add then when i goto the track i dont even see cobra run in the 13,0's inless there 03 or 04 cobras

so to sum up your awnser:
IF u have a mack1 it all depends what kind of ls1` u race. if both stock ,they will all get you but u have a better chance versus the z-28

in order the LS1 goes like this fastest : Vette or ws6
GTO
SS
trans am
Z-28
may i add that the a4 auto is faster then the m6 manual in the 1/4 mile to

the reson why stangs are kinda slow isnt that they have 305 HP and a good WS6 has 300HP its that the LS1 is a bigger motor and the 4.6 just aint got the tourque. i dont give a **** how much HP u got its tourque that moves a car

a LS1 is like a big block agist a small block 4.6

i know that 1998 cobras that have the same HP as the mach1 4v 305HP only runs in the 14,s
so if u race a LS1 pick a z-28 with a stick and if there both stock u will loose anyhow. later guys

These are not the same 305 HP 4V motors that are in 96-98 or 99-01 Cobra's They are severly underrated do to the 320 claimed hp that the 99's got and did not make, they are a 270+ RWHP compaired to a 255+ RWHP. MM and FF tested the Mach1 Vs. GTO and it is a drivers race the GTO has more power and TQ but weighs more. But the Mach 1 engine is NOT the same as pre 03/04 Cobras.

Just my 2 cents.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn...... quite an old post, but here's my two cents:

Every LS1 seems to be different on how well they run, especially since there are several different varietiations of cars and HP numbers. I have personally beat C5 Corvettes, WS6 T/As, and Camaro SSs, but I have also lost to those same type of cars. I don't consider myself a very bad driver either..... it just all depends on the car. I give much respect to the LS1s, but I have handed them their asses before too.....