stock manifolds

mustangboy8909

Dec 1, 2009
we a going to put a lincoln 4 valve in my dads mustang and am wondering if stock 96 cobra manifolds will work on a lincoln engine we are pretty certain that they do but wold like a second opinion

• Sponsors (?)

He states it's 96 Cobra manifolds. I guess since he used the plural, I was assuming he meant exhaust manifolds but I also assumed the Lincoln 4V was a Mark VIII motor - if that's the case, then everything is fine as all the Mark VIII Intechs are B heads like the 96-98 Cobras. If he means the intake manifold then the year does matter as it was recently pointed out to me that rear entry Lincoln intakes won't clear a Mustang firewall (and the Cobra intakes are better anyway)

If the Lincoln motor is not a Mark VIII then we need to know what it is because a transverse FWD Continental motor is going to have all sorts of problems and you should probably just stop now, or if it's a Navigator motor it is going to need 99+ Cobra exhaust manifolds and either a custom intake manifold setup, modified Australian Boss 290 intake or a 99+ Cobra intake with adapter plates.