*Stock Radiator/over heating problems*

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
No matter what motor it is Im always having over heating problems. I replace the old stock radiator with a new one (new stock) and still its the same crap. When I give it a little WOT, the car just climbs between A and L. Anyone running a stock radiator that has around 300-400rwhp without overheating?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem when I put my 347 in. No matter what I did my car would run at A or L. IF I drove it hard it would overheat. Blew a headgasket that way. Bought my Fluidyne and NEVER had a problem again. Even with racing it in 80-85 degree temps it would not move past dead center on the guage (around R or M). Call Mustangs unlimited or whoever you prefer and spend the money and never worry about it again.

Thats what Im gonna end up doing, its just too d@mn exspensive! It hurts my heart everytime I look at how much a Fluidyne cost. I think Im gonna buy the Summit one, I heard they almost as good.

You CANNOT mod our cars to 300+ w/o radiator upgrade.

March 5.0 Talked about people with engine and elec. upgrades that do not consider a new alternator or radiator.

Right now, I have almost 400, and I know Joe DOES have over 400. My gauge is right on 180 (may creep up a little past) with an AODE and Vortech..not cooled. That is around the "N" on the stock gauge...Used to go to around M/A before.

Worth the $$ just for the comfort and piece of mind.!
RC

The stock radiator is shared with a V-6 which explains everything. I've experienced the same issue until I plunked over the money for a Fluidyne. You will continue to struggle with this until you do the same.

the reason you are overheating when you have a stroked engine is because your cylinder walls are thinner thus not being able to stay as cool as a thicker wall.