Stock springs

Black94Cobra

Jul 22, 2003
KC MO
I was wondering what springs everyone had and if they like them. Mine has eibachs and I think they ride like crap, maybe its the shocks/struts. I was thinking about trying some stockers off ebay. What is the difference between gt and cobra springs? Also has anyone put a bullitt kit w/springs, shocks/struts on a 94-95? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I run Afco coil overs. 400 lb fronts and 600 lb rears. I love them. The ride is firm but no bounce. I have very little body roll, even in the hard corners and almost zero brake dive. Even on the 140 to 50 hard left at Calspeedway.

If you have the stock shocks/struts that is probably the problem. I put H&R springs on my '95 Cobra(forget what they are rated at) at it stiffened the ride up nicely, but after a while I realized things were very harsh. Replaced the stock shocks with Bilsteins and it helped a lot. After a few years of this setup I'm beginning to think the ride is a little harsh again. Not sure if the ride has actually changed, or if I have.

I've never seen different models of shocks/struts for different ride heights. I think the shock will have a fairly long range of travel, and when you've lowered your car the shock is operating a little more compressed than if you hadn't lowered it, but still within its' normal range.

I've ordered most of my suspension parts from maximummotorsports.com and they've always been helpful on the phone. They sell the springs you have - Eibachs - so could probably offer some advice on improving your ride. I have the H&R springs and Bilstein shocks - among other things - and am happy with the ride/handling.