Stock valve covers 1.6 RR modifications??

lx2c6

Apr 6, 2005
Hey guys i got a ?? i have a set of stud mount 1.6 RR's and i want to use my stock valve covers . i want to know what part of the valve cover i need to modify i know i need to take the baffle out but do i need to grind down the actual valve cover ?? and after i do that wont oil be sucked into the intake ? any suggestions or ideas or answers will be greatly apprecited thanks :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow. People don't realize it but rockers are almost the most PITA install with stock valve covers. It depends alot on who makes the rockers. I always recommend that people spend a little extra and get the comp cams rockers because they fit. Try doubling the gaskets or getting a super thick gasket (they sell them) or get the pre made doublr rubber gasket. If the big gaskets don't help then you need to clearance the insides of the valve covers wherever they hit. There is no one uniform place. Be care full not to grind through the valve covers. Best of luck! I reccomment getting a taller valve cover.

2 sets of RR's, 3 sets of factory covers, all the grinding a man could do, double stacked foam gaskets and not even close. Those factory covers are clausterphobically small. Just be prepared and buy some cheap stamped chrome tall covers from an ebay auction. I got mine for $40 +shipping. I tell ya, grinding aluminum just fouls bits left and right too. Not worth the trouble.

Oh and if you remove the baffle, you will get mad oil in the intake. If you have any crankcase pressure, it will just pump that oil right up the hose.

I removed the stock baffle and bonded in a piece of sheetmetal in its place.

What ever you do, don't run without the baffle. You will get large puddles of oil in the intake and foul up the combustion chambers. How I know this is a pretty sad story.

I can send pics if you send me your email.

vristang said:
I removed the stock baffle and bonded in a piece of sheetmetal in its place.

What ever you do, don't run without the baffle. You will get large puddles of oil in the intake and foul up the combustion chambers. How I know this is a pretty sad story.

I can send pics if you send me your email.

seen it....REALLY UGLY