Stolen 02 Stang GT..Torch Red

• Sponsors (?)

stangla2 said:
It was stolen in the gardena, ca.../compton

:rolleyes: That explains A LOT. :nonono:

I hope they don't find it and he gets his insurance money so he can buy new. Usually when the police recover a stolen car, it's beat to death. That is if it's untouched and was just taken out for a joy ride. I'm sure your dads car is already in pieces.

Sorry to hear of your loss fellow stanger! I also hope they don't find it
so,your pops gets the insurance money to get a brand new 05 Mustang GT! :nice: After those ***** stole it you wouldn't want it back trust me!
You darn theives stay away from are cars!

GAP insurance is a type of insurance that your lender will typically setup for you. The amount you owe on a car and the amount its worth are usually very different. So If I owed 20k on my car loan the insurance company will only pay book value if you total it, which is 17.5k....i would be out of luck and have to cover the other 2.5k to satisfy the loan. Thats where GAP insurance kicks in and covers whatever the insurance company wont...up to a point. My lender took out double gap insurance for me. LOL!

When my '93 Wrangler was stolen, it was found 4 hours later, broken window and column, stripped. I had it towed to the dealer to replace seats, wheels, etc. But when the Nationwide adjuster looked at it, he totalled it. Said it's not worth taking a chance that they might have damaged the drivetrain. I got a check within 2 weeks of the theft for more than I had paid for it new, and the next day had a new Cherokee in the driveway. Still, none of it was worth the heartache of being victimized like that. I wish you luck.

Fast02 said:
GAP insurance is a type of insurance that your lender will typically setup for you. The amount you owe on a car and the amount its worth are usually very different. So If I owed 20k on my car loan the insurance company will only pay book value if you total it, which is 17.5k....i would be out of luck and have to cover the other 2.5k to satisfy the loan. Thats where GAP insurance kicks in and covers whatever the insurance company wont...up to a point. My lender took out double gap insurance for me. LOL!

:nice:

thanks for that great explanation :flag: