Stopped in to look at the 2011's today...

Ltngdrvr

Sep 7, 2010
SE Texas
This may be of no interest to most, just some observations by me.

Had to go to town today on an errand and it happened to be just down the street from the closest Ford dealer so I stopped to look. Haven't been down close to there since they had any 2011's on the lot. Since it was Sunday they were closed but I found about 4 or 5 cars that were open so I could get inside and under the hood.

I re-affirmed that Kona Blue is the color for me, it looks so good in the sun. I also decided again that I like the cloth seats, especially in the hot sun. Liked to burn my buns off when I plopped down in the premium cars leather seat and while the cloth seat in the base car was warm in the sun it was nowhere near as hot as the leather.

Looking at the 5.0 engine bay reminds me of the wall to wall completely full look of the engine bay on 03-04 Cobra's, hardly any room to spare. Looking at the engine bay on the 3.7, it has so much room to work around the engine, way more room than my '04 V6, difference between a 90* V6 and a 60* V6. Only thing that looks to be a pain would be changing the plugs on the right bank, you would have to pull the upper intake plenum to get to them. Looks like headers would be a breeze to install on the V6, looks like you could drop long tubes in from the top.

I'm looking forward to getting to see a V6PP car and to get a chance to test drive one, maybe they will get one in soon.

• Sponsors (?)

you should have test drove the new 5.0, you will be hooked like iam.

There was no driving any of them since it was Sunday and they were closed and I don't get into town where the dealer is very much.

And I know the GT is quick but the V6 PP car that I want is pretty quick too and insurance is less and fuel economy is better and the price is lower.

If I had lots of $$$ things might be different.