Storing nice car in bad area .. ideas anyone?

RaSMG

Founding Member
Oct 5, 2002
Central Cali
Hey all, I have a pretty nice car at least pretty valuable with all the crap it's got in/on it .. once it's all together and painted it will be a nice car. Anyways, I've recently moved to a new town for a job and am in a pretty urban temporary living situation. It's downtown San Jose area, where its not like dangerous to walk down the street in the day but at night or in the wrong areas, I wouldn't want my car around there that's for sure. So has anyone ever used any kind of temporary storage like derrels mini storage for cars or will certain shops do it? I'd like something indoors and locked from all sides like a garage or storage but even just a covered carport or special cover might be an option. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions other than 'find a better place'? THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

Granted we're not talking the same area, but I stored my cars in storage units for years. I usually went for the ones with controlled access and "live" people on site.

I store mine in a secured storage yard in an outside space. It is under a car cover and does okay. There were some times when the storage yard automatic gates were stuck open all night though because the last employee goes home before the gates automatically lock for the night.