Straight answer please

MEAN03GT said:
How are those Magnapacks, i talked to the rep at Magnaflow, and he said that they will drone as much as flows...What do you think? are they as bad as the 40's, i hear those magnapacks have a nice growl to them, but i didnt want to spend the extra $$$ if they are going to drone just like the flowmasters.

please shed some light on this for me.
I went from 40's flows to Pacs on my 01 GT. The flows droned WAY to much. Switched to Pacs and drone was gone. MUCH LOUDER too when you go WOT!!! :D

Edit: (both with stock midpipe)

• Sponsors (?)

wannabe2000GT said:
i got them about a week or so ago and i love them alot. i dont have any problems with them droning at all. no complaints. they sound amazing to. nice deep rumble at idle and they really scream up top. i didnt want to spend a ton of money on exhuast but it being fully stainless steel, the sweet chrome tips that come with it, i coudlnt resist. if you go on http://www.partshopper.com/shop/Magnaflow-Pack-Mustang-V8-Exhaust-m8.html
and order through there it is 459 with free shipping and if you enter the coupon code MAGNACB you get 100 bucks off instantly so you only pay 359 including shipping which is a hell of a deal.

good luck with your decision!
Hey thanks alot man, i love the flowmaster sound, and if these sound anything like that growl, without the drone, then they will be perfect...

Just to clarify, these are the 14" long 4" round mufflers right?

I had the original 40 on my car and they did drone, the packs drone just as much in my opignion or more, keep in mind the flows were just welded on the stock catback. The super40 I think is like the delta 40s so it shouldn't be too bad.

Both sounds very good, flowmaster is the sound you hear in most mustangs and they do sound very very good in my opignion, the packs has a different tone to them and they do sound very good also but it all depends on your taste.

EDIT: IF YOU DONT LIKE DRONE DONT BUY THEM, GET THE REGULAR MAGNAFLOWS BUT THEY ARE NOT AS LOUD.

oh i thought you were just gonna get the whole catback. that coupon wont work for just the mufflers. i was gonna get weld ins and tips and it ends up being ALOT cheaper for the whole system becaue it doesnt require any welding (if you choose) and it comes with all the prebent piping and all the clamps etc...

wannabe2000GT said:
oh i thought you were just gonna get the whole catback. that coupon wont work for just the mufflers. i was gonna get weld ins and tips and it ends up being ALOT cheaper for the whole system becaue it doesnt require any welding (if you choose) and it comes with all the prebent piping and all the clamps etc...
Well how much pipe bending is needed, i mean, i can get both mufflers and 3.5 inch stainless tips for 160.00, will it cost me another 200.00 just to get it installed??? otherwise it would be cheaper just to get the mufflers and tips.

If there is alot of work nessecary then i will just buy the catback and do it myself.

But thats the reason i wanted the 2.25 inch muffler, so it would fit the stock pipe.

wannabe2000GT said:
actaully it should only cost about 50 to get it all welded up. its not that hard to do. i think that would work fine for ya.

I have a great mechanic that will weld it up for me, plus i trust him, so i wouldnt mind not doing it myself, although, i always like working on my own car whenever possible.

We will see if i have the funds, i will buy the catback, if not i will just buy the weld-ins, and the tips.

Gas is getting horrible. :notnice:

yeah it is! its crazy.
either way i think you will be happy but if you can spare the exta money and you want to work on your can the get the whole system if you dont have time/money just get the weld ins. you wont see any major HPO gains until you get a midpipe and headers

MEAN03GT said:
Ok, heres the deal, ive gotten like 3 different answers, and while i know that everyone has thier own opinion, i would like to know if someone can give me a straight answer.

I am looking at some Weld in Flowmaster Super 40's.
Its going on an otherwise stock exhaust.

How much will this drone, ive heard its not so bad with stock H-pipe, but then again, ive heard they are horrible no matter what.

I can take a little bit of drone, but nothing that will make my head hurt.

Here's your answer:

Yes you'll have drone. It'll be between 1800-2100 rpms or so. I'm not sure why people complain about it.. the "drone" is the best part of putting on a catback. It won't be bothersome unless you purposely make it louder (which you do by driving at the precise rpm in 4th gear so you can keep the same speed but still have the gas down.)

I've had Flows since the early 90's they all drone. But with a catted mid it won't be too bad stock stereo will easily overcome it. As long as you keep tailpipes. If you dump it under the car it will seem 10x louder. Like others have said the drone zone seems to be from about 2k-2.5k so is that your normal cruise range?

I have 40's on my car and love the sound and get alot of compliments on how good it sounds. Yes - there is drone but you get used to it and learn to drive around the worse "drone zones". I know guys who hate the drone but thier stereo/bass setting rattles the trunk lid and doors. Go figure. :shrug:

Well i think im gonna stick with the magnapacks, i think they will yeild good gains with the catback, and sound well too, plus like the guys said, they dont drone nearly as bad as flowmasters, and no i dont want that much drone, i dont care for it.